Here's the top news and stories that made headlines this past week at MLBTR...
- The Braves and Diamondbacks officially agreed to a seven-player trade that will send Justin Upton to Atlanta. The Braves obtain Upton and third baseman Chris Johnson for third baseman Martin Prado, right-hander Randall Delgado, shortstop prospect Nick Ahmed, right-handed pitching prospect Zeke Spruill and minor league first baseman Brandon Drury.
- The Cubs reached an agreement with outfielder Scott Hairston for a two-year deal. Hairston could receive up to $6MM over the course of the two years including incentives.
- The Rangers and David Murphy avoided arbitration with a one-year contract worth $5.775MM.
- The Cubs announced the signing of pitcher Carlos Villanueva to a two-year deal. In order to make room for him, Chicago designated fellow right-hander Lendy Castillo for assignment.
- The Cardinals avoided arbitration with closer Jason Motte, agreeing to a two-year deal worth $12MM plus incentive bonuses.
- The Red Sox designated right-hander Chris Carpenter for assignment. The move creates roster space for Mike Napoli, whose one-year deal is now official.
- The Red Sox reached agreement with Craig Breslow on a two-year deal to avoid arbitration. The Baratta Partners client will earn a guaranteed $6.25MM and could make up to $10.15MM over the course of the contract.
- The Phillies signed Delmon Young to a one-year, $750K contract. The deal includes roster and performance bonuses that could bring the value of the contract to the $3.25MM range.
- The Rays agreed to sign free agent reliever Kyle Farnsworth to a one-year, Major League contract. The agreement includes a base salary in the $1.25-1.5MM range plus incentives.
- Jhoulys Chacin agreed to a two-year, $6.5MM deal with the Rockies. For his career with Colorado spanning four seasons, Chacin owns a 3.68 ERA with 7.6 K/9 and 4.2 BB/9.
- The Rangers agreed to terms with infielder/outfielder Jeff Baker while officially announcing the signing of left-handed pitcher Nate Robertson.
- The Marlins agreed to a minor league deal with reliever Chad Qualls with an invite to MLB Spring Training.
- The Red Sox reached an agreement on a minor league deal with outfielder Ryan Sweeney.
- The Royals designated infielder Tony Abreu for assignment. The move creates roster space for George Kottaras, who was claimed off of waivers from the Athletics.
- The White Sox agreed to sign Matt Lindstrom to a one-year contract worth $2.3MM with a club option for $4MM.
- The Yankees avoided arbitration with David Robertson as the two sides agreed on a one-year, $3.1MM deal for 2013.
- The Mets agreed to sign free agent right-hander Shaun Marcum to a one-year deal worth $4MM plus $4MM in incentives.
- The Rockies agreed to a minor league deal with catcher Yorvit Torrealba.
- The Orioles agreed to sign Jair Jurrjens to a one-year, $1.5MM Major League contract that could be worth as much as $4MM with incentives.
- The Diamondbacks announced that they designated first baseman Lars Anderson for assignment.
- Nyjer Morgan signed with the Yokohama DeNA BayStars and will earn $1.6MM this season.
- The Marlins signed second baseman Matt Downs to a minor league deal with an invitation to MLB Spring Training.
- The Diamondbacks and Cliff Pennington reached agreement on a two-year, $5MM deal.
- The Brewers signed Bobby Crosby to a minor league contract with an invitation to MLB Spring Training.
- The Blue Jays designated right-hander Sam Dyson for assignment. The move creates roster space for Mark DeRosa, who signed with the team this past week.
- The Reds signed free agent right-hander Armando Galarraga to a minor league contract.
- The Astros announced the signing of left-hander Erik Bedard to a minor league contract with an invitation to MLB Spring Training.
- The Indians signed outfielder Ben Francisco to a minor league contract that includes an invitation to MLB Spring Training.
- The Mets signed Pedro Feliciano to a minor league deal with an invitation to MLB Spring Training.
Royals Acquire Norichika Aoki Yankees To Sign Kelly Johnson Cubs Sign Wesley Wright White Sox Re-Sign Paul Konerko Rockies To Sign Justin Morneau Yankees Agree To Sign Jacoby Ellsbury Marlins To Sign Jarrod Saltalamacchia Astros Acquire Dexter Fowler Padres, A's Swap Seth Smith For Luke Gregerson A's Acquire Craig Gentry, Josh Lindblom Rays Extend Ryan Hanigan Rays Acquire Ryan Hanigan Tigers Sign Joe Nathan Red Sox Sign A.J. Pierzynski Athletics Acquire Jim Johnson For Jemile Weeks Nationals Acquire Doug Fister From Tigers Athletics Sign Scott Kazmir Mariners To Sign Willie Bloomquist Blue Jays To Sign Dioner Navarro Twins To Sign Phil Hughes Rays To Re-Sign Juan Carlos Oviedo Giants Re-Sign Ryan Vogelsong Twins Sign Ricky Nolasco Reds Re-Sign Manny Parra Dodgers Sign Dan Haren
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Royals Acquire Norichika Aoki Scott Feldman Targeting Three-Year Deal Yankees To Sign Kelly Johnson MLB, NPB Reach Agreement On Posting System AL East Notes: Yankees, Ellsbury, Red Sox, Peguero NPB Officials Planning To Accept $20MM Maximum Posting Fee NL Notes: Mets, Nats, Reds, Samardzija, Rockies, D-Backs Orioles Interested In Choo, Cruz, Jimenez AL West Notes: Rangers, Arencibia, Kazmir, Hughes, Mariners Dodgers Nearing Agreement With Brian Wilson Central Notes: Tigers, Castellanos, Beltran, Konerko, Twins Cubs Sign Wesley Wright Mariners Could Make Move To Acquire David Price AL Notes: Fister, Blue Jays, Orioles, Rays Red Sox Notes: Bradley, Drew, Napoli, Pierzynski
Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors