Earlier today, Blue Jays GM Alex Anthopoulos and some of the team's players addressed the media. Here's a look at some highlights..
- No member of the Blue Jays has a no-trade clause in his contract, tweets Bob Nightengale of USA Today.
- Anthopoulos acknowledged the risk in signing Melky Cabrera but says that more certainty in performance would have cost more, tweets Shi Davidi of Sportsnet. The two-year, $16MM deal may provide Toronto with great value but the risk is still there.
- The GM reiterated that he does not expect any further punishment for Cabrera by MLB stemming from this offseason's report in Miami, tweets Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com.
- Jose Reyes didn't anticipate being a part of a blockbuster deal to send him north of the border. In fact, days before the deal, Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria encouraged him to buy a home in Miami, tweets Davidi.
- When asked what he might tell free agents about the Marlins, Reyes responded, "I don't have to tell them nothing. They can see what happened," tweets Jayson Stark of ESPN.com. He added that he feels sorry for Giancarlo Stanton, who was not traded by the Marlins, tweets Bob Nightengale of USA Today.