With Spring Training now in full swing, let's take a look back at the week that was here at MLBTR...
- Felix Hernandez officially signed the most lucrative contract any pitcher has ever obtained to the tune of seven-years and $175MM.
- Michael Bourn agreed to a four-year, $48MM deal with the Indians.
- The Rockies avoided arbitration with Dexter Fowler by agreeing to a two-year deal worth $11.6MM.
- The Reds avoided arbitration with outfielder Shin-Soo Choo, agreeing to a one-year deal for $7.375MM.
- The Cardinals announced extensions for manager Mike Matheny and general manager John Mozeliak. Mozeliak obtained a three-year deal through 2016, while the Cardinals also formally exercised Matheny's 2014 option.
- The Padres avoided arbitration with Clayton Richard by agreeing to a one-year deal worth $5.24MM.
- The Orioles officially signed Jair Jurrjens to a minor league contract with an invitation to Major League Spring Training.
- The Reds and Homer Bailey reached agreement on a one-year deal to avoid arbitration.
- The Nationals avoided arbitration with Jordan Zimmermann by agreeing to a one-year deal worth $5.35MM.
- The Marlins signed Casey Kotchman to a minor league contract with an invite to Major League camp.
- The Rockies acquired infielder Reid Brignac from the Rays in exchange for cash considerations and a player later to be named.
- The Twins signed left-handed reliever Rafael Perez to a minor league deal with an invite to Major League Spring Training.
- The Yankees acquired right-hander Shawn Kelley from the Mariners in exchange for outfielder Abraham Almonte.
- The Indians officially signed Daisuke Matsuzaka to a minor league contract with a Major League Spring Training invitation.
- The Pirates signed Brandon Inge to a minor league deal with an invitation to Major League Spring Training.
- The Mariners announced first baseman/designated hitter Mike Carp has been designated for assignment.
- The Mariners signed right-handed reliever Kameron Loe to a minor league deal.
- The Royals acquired utility player Elliot Johnson from the Rays as the player to be named later in the December trade involving James Shields and Wil Myers.
- The Reds avoided arbitration with right-hander Mat Latos, agreeing to terms on a two-year deal worth $11.5MM.
- The Athletics agreed to sign left-hander Hideki Okajima to a minor league deal with an invite to big league spring training.
- The Nationals signed left-handed reliever Will Ohman to a minor league deal.
- The Dodgers announced the signing of reliever Kevin Gregg to a minor league contract with an invitation to Spring Training.
Chris Snyder Retires Pirates Designate Travis Ishikawa For Assignment Jason Bartlett To Retire Pirates Acquire Ike Davis From Mets Athletics Extend Sean Doolittle Astros To Promote George Springer Padres Extend Jedd Gyorko Athletics Designate Sam Fuld For Assignment Rangers Acquire Hector Noesi Cardinals Extend John Mozeliak Red Sox Sign Ryan Roberts Astros Outright Chia-Jen Lo Rays Extend Yunel Escobar Pirates Extend Neal Huntington, Clint Hurdle Mariners Designate Hector Noesi For Assignment Diamondbacks Claim Roger Kieschnick Indians Extend Jason Kipnis Rays Extend Chris Archer Blue Jays Sign Juan Francisco Indians Extend Yan Gomes Rangers Designate Adam Rosales For Assignment Athletics Designate Michael Taylor For Assignment Red Sox Release Francisco Cordero Royals Release Ramon Hernandez Scott Diamond Accepts Outright Assignment Angels Extend Mike Trout Phillies Acquire Jayson Nix From Rays Yankees Sign Alfredo Aceves
Out Of Options 2014 2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
NL Notes: Braves, Mets, Cubs, Willis White Sox Place Donnie Veal On Outright Waivers Rosenthal On Diamondbacks, Braves, Drew Chris Snyder Retires Pirates Designate Travis Ishikawa For Assignment NL Notes: Polanco, Bradley, Abreu AL Notes: Orioles, Izturis, Rangers, Bartlett Week In Review: 4/13/14 - 4/19/14 Rangers Outright Daniel McCutchen West Notes: Trout, Kazmir, Padres Pirates Acquire Ike Davis From Mets Fallout From The Ike Davis Trade Yankees Designate Cesar Cabral For Assignment Minor Moves: Brian Omogrosso, Ji-Man Choi, Rafael Perez Jason Bartlett To Retire
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors