With Spring Training now in full swing, let's take a look back at the week that was here at MLBTR...
- Felix Hernandez officially signed the most lucrative contract any pitcher has ever obtained to the tune of seven-years and $175MM.
- Michael Bourn agreed to a four-year, $48MM deal with the Indians.
- The Rockies avoided arbitration with Dexter Fowler by agreeing to a two-year deal worth $11.6MM.
- The Reds avoided arbitration with outfielder Shin-Soo Choo, agreeing to a one-year deal for $7.375MM.
- The Cardinals announced extensions for manager Mike Matheny and general manager John Mozeliak. Mozeliak obtained a three-year deal through 2016, while the Cardinals also formally exercised Matheny's 2014 option.
- The Padres avoided arbitration with Clayton Richard by agreeing to a one-year deal worth $5.24MM.
- The Orioles officially signed Jair Jurrjens to a minor league contract with an invitation to Major League Spring Training.
- The Reds and Homer Bailey reached agreement on a one-year deal to avoid arbitration.
- The Nationals avoided arbitration with Jordan Zimmermann by agreeing to a one-year deal worth $5.35MM.
- The Marlins signed Casey Kotchman to a minor league contract with an invite to Major League camp.
- The Rockies acquired infielder Reid Brignac from the Rays in exchange for cash considerations and a player later to be named.
- The Twins signed left-handed reliever Rafael Perez to a minor league deal with an invite to Major League Spring Training.
- The Yankees acquired right-hander Shawn Kelley from the Mariners in exchange for outfielder Abraham Almonte.
- The Indians officially signed Daisuke Matsuzaka to a minor league contract with a Major League Spring Training invitation.
- The Pirates signed Brandon Inge to a minor league deal with an invitation to Major League Spring Training.
- The Mariners announced first baseman/designated hitter Mike Carp has been designated for assignment.
- The Mariners signed right-handed reliever Kameron Loe to a minor league deal.
- The Royals acquired utility player Elliot Johnson from the Rays as the player to be named later in the December trade involving James Shields and Wil Myers.
- The Reds avoided arbitration with right-hander Mat Latos, agreeing to terms on a two-year deal worth $11.5MM.
- The Athletics agreed to sign left-hander Hideki Okajima to a minor league deal with an invite to big league spring training.
- The Nationals signed left-handed reliever Will Ohman to a minor league deal.
- The Dodgers announced the signing of reliever Kevin Gregg to a minor league contract with an invitation to Spring Training.
Marlins To Sign Rafael Furcal White Sox To Sign Ronald Belisario Dodgers Re-Sign Brian Wilson Red Sox To Sign Edward Mujica Royals Acquire Norichika Aoki Yankees To Sign Kelly Johnson Cubs Sign Wesley Wright White Sox Re-Sign Paul Konerko Rockies To Sign Justin Morneau Yankees Agree To Sign Jacoby Ellsbury Marlins To Sign Jarrod Saltalamacchia Astros Acquire Dexter Fowler Padres, A's Swap Seth Smith For Luke Gregerson A's Acquire Craig Gentry, Josh Lindblom Rays Extend Ryan Hanigan Rays Acquire Ryan Hanigan Tigers Sign Joe Nathan Red Sox Sign A.J. Pierzynski Athletics Acquire Jim Johnson For Jemile Weeks Nationals Acquire Doug Fister From Tigers Athletics Sign Scott Kazmir Mariners Sign Willie Bloomquist Blue Jays To Sign Dioner Navarro Twins Sign Phil Hughes Rays To Re-Sign Juan Carlos Oviedo Giants Re-Sign Ryan Vogelsong Twins Sign Ricky Nolasco
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
West Notes: Cano, Angels, Rockies, Hudson Minor Moves: Clay Rapada Dodgers Re-Sign Brian Wilson New York Notes: Granderson, Aoki, Choo Marlins To Sign Rafael Furcal Yankees Optimistic About Hiroki Kuroda's Return White Sox To Sign Ronald Belisario Mariners Could Offer Cano $225MM NL Notes: Braves, Cubs, Phillies, Pirates, Mets Central Notes: Aoki, Hughes, Dunn Twins Sign Phil Hughes Rangers Sign Jose Contreras Rays Re-Sign Juan Carlos Oviedo Twins Designate Liam Hendriks For Assignment Granderson Seeking Four Years, $64MM
Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors