With Spring Training now in full swing, let's take a look back at the week that was here at MLBTR...
- Felix Hernandez officially signed the most lucrative contract any pitcher has ever obtained to the tune of seven-years and $175MM.
- Michael Bourn agreed to a four-year, $48MM deal with the Indians.
- The Rockies avoided arbitration with Dexter Fowler by agreeing to a two-year deal worth $11.6MM.
- The Reds avoided arbitration with outfielder Shin-Soo Choo, agreeing to a one-year deal for $7.375MM.
- The Cardinals announced extensions for manager Mike Matheny and general manager John Mozeliak. Mozeliak obtained a three-year deal through 2016, while the Cardinals also formally exercised Matheny's 2014 option.
- The Padres avoided arbitration with Clayton Richard by agreeing to a one-year deal worth $5.24MM.
- The Orioles officially signed Jair Jurrjens to a minor league contract with an invitation to Major League Spring Training.
- The Reds and Homer Bailey reached agreement on a one-year deal to avoid arbitration.
- The Nationals avoided arbitration with Jordan Zimmermann by agreeing to a one-year deal worth $5.35MM.
- The Marlins signed Casey Kotchman to a minor league contract with an invite to Major League camp.
- The Rockies acquired infielder Reid Brignac from the Rays in exchange for cash considerations and a player later to be named.
- The Twins signed left-handed reliever Rafael Perez to a minor league deal with an invite to Major League Spring Training.
- The Yankees acquired right-hander Shawn Kelley from the Mariners in exchange for outfielder Abraham Almonte.
- The Indians officially signed Daisuke Matsuzaka to a minor league contract with a Major League Spring Training invitation.
- The Pirates signed Brandon Inge to a minor league deal with an invitation to Major League Spring Training.
- The Mariners announced first baseman/designated hitter Mike Carp has been designated for assignment.
- The Mariners signed right-handed reliever Kameron Loe to a minor league deal.
- The Royals acquired utility player Elliot Johnson from the Rays as the player to be named later in the December trade involving James Shields and Wil Myers.
- The Reds avoided arbitration with right-hander Mat Latos, agreeing to terms on a two-year deal worth $11.5MM.
- The Athletics agreed to sign left-hander Hideki Okajima to a minor league deal with an invite to big league spring training.
- The Nationals signed left-handed reliever Will Ohman to a minor league deal.
- The Dodgers announced the signing of reliever Kevin Gregg to a minor league contract with an invitation to Spring Training.
Cubs To Designate Michael Bowden For Assignment Blue Jays Claim Thad Weber Athletics Designate Daric Barton For Assignment Angels Claim Chris Nelson, Designate Scott Cousins Yankees Designate Alberto Gonzalez For Assignment Yankees Acquire Reid Brignac Marlins Designate Jon Rauch For Assignment Padres Designate Thad Weber For Assignment Athletics Designate Chris Resop For Assignment Rockies Designate Reid Brignac For Assignment Angels Designate Barry Enright For Assignment Yankees Designate Chris Nelson For Assignment Dodgers To Sign Jonathan Sanchez Phillies Sign Carlos Zambrano Rays Sign Cory Wade Mets To Sign Rick Ankiel
Current Free Agents 2014 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings 2014 MLB Free Agents 2015 MLB Free Agents 2013 Draft Order Transaction Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle MLBTR Forums Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Latest On Nationals, Mike Rizzo Which Players Will Be Traded This Summer? MLBTR Originals NL West Notes: Mattingly, Goldschmidt, Gregorius East Notes: Braves, Brignac, Cabrera Week In Review: 5/12/13 - 5/18/13 AL West Notes: Profar, Astros, Mariners Cubs To Designate Michael Bowden For Assignment NL Central Notes: Hart, Choo, Arroyo, Cardinals Minor Moves: Barry Enright, Bill Hall Blue Jays Claim Thad Weber West Notes: Kershaw, Rockies, Rangers, Astros Quick Hits: Cardinals, Braves, Starting Pitching Market Rays Notes: Price, Odorizzi, Loney, Johnson Draft Notes: Astros, Renfroe, Appel
Avoiding The Qualifying Offer Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors