Here's a look at the week that was here at MLBTR ...
- The Rangers signed shortstop Elvis Andrus to an unusual eight-year, $120MM contract extension.
- The Dodgers traded pitcher Aaron Harang and cash to the Rockies for catcher Ramon Hernandez. The Rockies then designated Harang for assignment.
- The Tigers signed reliever Jose Valverde to a minor-league deal.
- The White Sox signed infielder Tyler Greene.
- The Cubs signed infielder Donnie Murphy and outfielder Ryan Sweeney to minor-league deals.
- The Nationals re-signed pitcher Chris Young to a minor-league deal.
- The Angels re-signed utilityman Bill Hall to a minor-league deal.
- The Dodgers released reliever Kevin Gregg.
- The Rangers released first baseman Brandon Allen.
- The Yankees released reliever David Aardsma.
- The Athletics traded a PTBNL or cash to the Rays for catcher Stephen Vogt, and made room for him on their roster by designating Dan Otero for assignment. Otero cleared waivers, and the Athletics outrighted him to the minors.
- The Blue Jays traded first baseman Lars Anderson to the White Sox for cash considerations.
- The Astros traded minor-league outfielder Jake Goebbert to the Athletics for pitcher Travis Blackley, then made space for Blackley on their roster by designating pitcher Edgar Gonzalez for assignment. The Blue Jays then claimed Gonzalez on waivers.
- The Diamondbacks claimed pitcher Will Harris from the Athletics. The A's had claimed Harris from the Rockies earlier in the week.
- The Orioles claimed pitcher Josh Stinson from the Athletics.
- The Indians claimed pitcher Robert Whitenack from the Cubs
- The Tigers claimed pitcher Evan Reed from the Marlins.
- The Giants claimed pitcher Hunter Strickland from the Pirates.
- The Blue Jays designated pitcher Jeremy Jeffress for assignment.
- The Phillies returned Rule 5 pick Ender Inciarte to the Diamondbacks. They had previously designated Inciarte for assignment when they claimed outfielder Ezequiel Carrera from the Indians.
- First baseman Daric Barton cleared waivers, and the Athletics outrighted him to the minors.
- Lefty David Huff cleared waivers, and the Indians outrighted him to the minors.
- Infielder Jason Donald cleared waivers, and the Reds outrighted him to the minors.
- Zack Cox, Gorkys Hernandez and Scott Maine of the Marlins all cleared waivers.
- Reliever Clay Rapada, who had been with the Yankees, cleared waivers and became a free agent.
- Vladimir Guerrero signed with the independent Long Island Ducks, as did Dontrelle Willis.
Nationals To Sign Nate McLouth Rangers To Sign J.P. Arencibia Astros To Sign Scott Feldman Mets To Sign Curtis Granderson Mariners To Sign Robinson Cano Yankees To Re-Sign Hiroki Kuroda Orioles To Sign Francisco Peguero Orioles To Sign Ryan Webb Marlins To Sign Rafael Furcal White Sox To Sign Ronald Belisario Dodgers Re-Sign Brian Wilson Red Sox To Sign Edward Mujica Royals Acquire Norichika Aoki Yankees To Sign Kelly Johnson Cubs Sign Wesley Wright White Sox Re-Sign Paul Konerko Rockies To Sign Justin Morneau Yankees Agree To Sign Jacoby Ellsbury Marlins Sign Jarrod Saltalamacchia Astros Acquire Dexter Fowler Padres, A's Swap Seth Smith For Luke Gregerson A's Acquire Craig Gentry, Josh Lindblom Rays Extend Ryan Hanigan Rays Acquire Ryan Hanigan Tigers Sign Joe Nathan Red Sox Sign A.J. Pierzynski Athletics Acquire Jim Johnson For Jemile Weeks Nationals Acquire Doug Fister From Tigers Athletics Sign Scott Kazmir
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Scott Feldman On Signing With Astros Marlins To Sign Rafael Furcal Nationals To Sign Nate McLouth Astros Sign Scott Feldman Phillies Shopping Jonathan Papelbon White Sox Outright Blake Tekotte, Mike McDade Marlins Nearing Deal With Garrett Jones Rangers To Sign J.P. Arencibia Mariners Could Push For David Price; Still Pursuing Free Agents Rockies To Sign Justin Morneau Mariners To Sign Robinson Cano Marlins Exploring Morrison Trades; Interested In Garrett Jones Mike Napoli Talks Reach Critical Stage Mets To Sign Curtis Granderson Mariners Close To Deal With Robinson Cano
Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors