Here's today's rundown of minor moves from around the league...
- The Twins have released right-hander Esmerling Vasquez, according to Jeremy Nygaard of the Twins Daily blog (Twitter link) and the International League's transactions page. Vasquez signed a new minor league deal with the Twins in November but spent the entire season on the Triple-A disabled list. Vasquez posted a 5.68 ERA in six starts for Minnesota last season and a 4.66 ERA over 137 relief innings with the Diamondbacks from 2009-11.
- The Mets have signed 35-year-old righty Giancarlo Carlos Alvarado to a minor league deal, tweets Mike Puma of the New York Post. Alvarado had been pitching in the Mexican League, where he compiled a 4.03 ERA with 6.9 K/9 and 4.5 BB/9 in 38 innings.
- Right-hander Casey Upperman has signed a minor league deal with the Orioles and been assigned to Class A Delmarva, tweets Roch Kubatko of MASNsports.com. The 22-year-old Upperman was a 47th-round pick by the D-backs in 2010 but was pitching for the Normal CornBelters of the independent Frontier League this season. In 11 1/3 innings for the CornBelters, he posted a 3.97 ERA, fanned 17 and walked eight.
- The White Sox have released lefty Daniel Moskos from Triple-A Charlotte, according to the International League's transactions page. The 27-year-old posted a 4.97 ERA with 8.7 K/9 and 4.7 BB/9 in 29 relief appearances for the Knights. Those numbers are right in line with his career marks in 122 innings at Triple-A. Moskos, who was the No. 4 overall pick by the Pirates in the 2007 draft, has just 24 1/3 Major League innings under his belt -- all with the Buccos in 2011.
- The Rockies released right-hander Brett Jacobson from Triple-A Colorado Springs, according to the Pacific Coast League's transactions page. Jacobson's biggest claim to fame was being included as part of the Twins' return in 2010's ill-fated J.J. Hardy trade. The 26-year-old has walked 78 batters over his past 63 2/3 minor league innings. Jacobson's release cleared a spot for the recently acquired Hisanori Takahashi.
- There are currently nine players in DFA limbo: Wade LeBlanc of the Astros, Quintin Berry of the Royals, Eric Thames of the Mariners, Josh Wilson of the Diamondbacks, Jose Valverde of the Tigers, Reid Brignac of the Yankees, Collin Cowgill of the Mets, Ross Seaton of the Astros and Yamaico Navarro of the Orioles. Navarro is presently on outright waivers and Brignac has cleared waivers and could elect free agency.
Full Story | Comments (0) | Categories: Baltimore Orioles | Chicago White Sox | Colorado Rockies | Esmerling Vasquez | Minnesota Twins | New York Mets | Transactions
Jason Bartlett To Retire Pirates Acquire Ike Davis From Mets Athletics Extend Sean Doolittle Astros To Promote George Springer Padres Extend Jedd Gyorko Athletics Designate Sam Fuld For Assignment Rangers Acquire Hector Noesi Cardinals Extend John Mozeliak Red Sox Sign Ryan Roberts Astros Outright Chia-Jen Lo Rays Extend Yunel Escobar Pirates Extend Neal Huntington, Clint Hurdle Mariners Designate Hector Noesi For Assignment Diamondbacks Claim Roger Kieschnick Indians Extend Jason Kipnis Rays Extend Chris Archer Blue Jays Sign Juan Francisco Indians Extend Yan Gomes Rangers Designate Adam Rosales For Assignment Athletics Designate Michael Taylor For Assignment Red Sox Release Francisco Cordero Royals Release Ramon Hernandez Scott Diamond Accepts Outright Assignment Angels Extend Mike Trout Phillies Acquire Jayson Nix From Rays Yankees Sign Alfredo Aceves
Out Of Options 2014 2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Week In Review: 4/13/14 - 4/19/14 Rangers Outright Daniel McCutchen West Notes: Trout, Kazmir, Padres Pirates Acquire Ike Davis From Mets Fallout From The Ike Davis Trade Yankees Designate Cesar Cabral For Assignment Minor Moves: Brian Omogrosso, Ji-Man Choi, Rafael Perez Jason Bartlett To Retire Mets And Pirates Working On Ike Davis Trade Diamondbacks Designate Ryan Rowland-Smith White Sox Place Donnie Veal On Outright Waivers Brewers Sign Jeremy Jeffress Athletics Extend Sean Doolittle Rangers Designate Andy Parrino For Assignment Red Sox Designate Ryan Roberts For Assignment
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors