Here's a look back at the week that was at MLBTR:
- The Yankees and Robinson Cano are reportedly far apart on contract talks.
- The White Sox are getting calls on their veterans.
- As we approach the deadline, Chicago's other team is getting ready to sell. Nate Schierholtz, Kevin Gregg, Scott Feldman, David DeJesus, Alfonso Soriano, James Russell, and Matt Garza are among the names that could draw interest.
- The Dodgers and Clayton Kershaw are talking extension.
- The O's are looking to bolster their rotation.
- Carlos Lee announced his retirement from baseball.
- Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez threw for teams and has been declared a free agent.
- The Tigers designated Jose Valverde for assignment after struggling in recent appearances.
- The Astros officially signed Mark Appel.
- The Royals reached agreement with Sean Manaea on a deal.
- Nelson Figueroa has signed with a club in Taiwan.
- The Mariners designated Eric Thames for assignment.
- The D'Backs agreed to sign No. 36 pick Aaron Blair.
- The Dodgers released catcher Ramon Hernandez.
- The Mariners signed Henry Blanco and cut Kelly Shoppach loose.
- The Phillies waived Michael Martinez after designating him for assignment.
- The Rockies acquired Hisanori Takahashi from the Cubs.
- Chris Bootcheck cleared waivers and re-signed with the Yankees.
- Chris Volstad was waived by the Rockies to make room for Roy Oswalt.
- The Mets will keep Bobby Parnell.
- The Rays promoted Wil Myers.
- The Padres released James Darnell.
- The MLBPA granted Jay-Z agent certification.
- The Yankees acquired Brent Lillibridge from the Cubs for a player to be named later or cash.
- The Yankees also completed a trade with the Rangers in which they landed Yoshinori Tateyama.
- The DIamondbacks designated Josh Wilson for assignment.
- The Mets acquired Eric Young Jr. and designated Collin Cowgill for assignment.
- The O's struck a deal with first-round pick Hunter Harvey. They also agreed to a deal with comp pick Josh Hart.
- Nick Ciuffo, the Rays' first round pick, agreed to sign.
- The Twins signed Kohl Stewart, the No. 4 overall pick, for the full slot value.
- The Yanks signed Mike Zagurski to a minor league deal.
- Competitive balance pick Michael Lorenzen agreed to sign with the Reds for $1.5MM.
- Reid Brignac was designated for assignment by the Yanks.
- The Phillies signed first-round pick J.P. Crawford.
- The Bombers acquired Fernando Martinez via trade.
- The Mets called up Zack Wheeler.
- The Padres signed Ben Francisco.
- The Cards signed Oscar Mercado to an over slot deal.
- Braden Shipley signed an under slot deal with Arizona.
- Logan Kensing was DFA'd by the Rockies.
- Suspensions are likely in the Biogenesiscase.
- The Nats could go after right-handed power.
- The O's designated Yamaico Navarro for assignment.
- The Red Sox signed Trey Ball for a little under slot.
- The Rangers got one more international signing in.
- The Braves inked first-rounder Jason Hursh.
- The Mets signed first-round pick Dominic Smith.
- The Astros designated minor leaguer Ross Seaton for assignment.
Tigers To Sign Joba Chamberlain Phillies To Sign Roberto Hernandez Giants To Sign Mike Morse Marlins, Cubs Swap Ruggiano For Bogusevic Mets To Sign Bartolo Colon Mariners Acquire Logan Morrison Mariners To Sign Corey Hart Nationals Acquire Jerry Blevins Pirates Extend Charlie Morton Rockies Acquire Brett Anderson D-Backs Acquire Mark Trumbo In Three-Team Deal With Angels, White Sox White Sox Sign Felipe Paulino Roy Halladay To Retire Marlins To Sign Garrett Jones Astros Sign Chad Qualls Yankees To Sign Carlos Beltran Red Sox To Re-Sign Mike Napoli Nationals To Sign Nate McLouth
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Diamondbacks Close To Signing Hudson, Blanco Quick Hits: Rays, Kimbrel, Weeks, Kalish, Madson AL West Notes: Wilson, Young, Angels, Morrison AL Central Notes: Jackson, Pelfrey, Garza, Butler Rockies Close To Signing Boone Logan Dodgers Notes: Kemp, Phillips, Gordon, Kasten Rosenthal On Gardner, Kemp, Drew, Mariners Blue Jays Notes: Rasmus, Samardzija, Anthopoulos Yankees Offered Infante Three Years, $24MM Royals, Blue Jays Discussed Billy Butler Trade Rockies Close To Deal With Logan, Talking To Howell Mets Notes: Axford, Gregg, Drew, Payroll Red Sox Designate Alex Castellanos Padres, Indians Competing For Joaquin Benoit Three Teams Have Two-Year Offers To Balfour
Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors