Here's a look back at the week that was here at MLBTR.
- The Dodgers acquired starting pitcher Ricky Nolasco from the Marlins for pitchers Angel Sanchez, Steve Ames and Josh Wall.
- The Dodgers acquired reliever Carlos Marmol, the right to spend extra international bonus money, and cash from the Cubs in exchange for reliever Matt Guerrier.
- The Orioles acquired pitcher Scott Feldman and catcher Steve Clevenger from the Cubs for starter Jake Arrieta, reliever Pedro Strop and the right to spend extra international bonus money.
- The Orioles acquired third baseman Alex Liddi from the Mariners, with the Mariners receiving the right to spend extra international bonus money in the deal. The Orioles designated Russ Canzler for assignment to clear space for Liddi.
- The Astros acquired minor-league second baseman Ronald Torreyes from the Cubs, who received the right to spend extra international bonus money in the deal.
- The Yankees claimed first baseman Travis Ishikawa off waivers from the Orioles.
- The Royals designated outfielder Jeff Francoeur for assignment and requested release waivers for him.
- The Twins designated pitcher P.J. Walters for assignment.
- The Indians designated pitcher Carlos Carrasco for assignment.
- The Mets designated reliever Brandon Lyon for assignment.
- The Cubs designated reliever Shawn Camp for assignment.
- The White Sox designated catcher Hector Gimenez for assignment.
- Veteran hitter Eric Hinske cleared waivers and accepted the Diamondbacks' assignment to Triple-A.
- The Royals outrighted pitcher Francisley Bueno.
- The Rangers outrighted pitcher Kyle McClellan.
- The Blue Jays outrighted pitcher Chien-Ming Wang.
- The Nationals outrighted pitcher Cole Kimball off their 40-man roster.
- Clayton Mortensen of the Red Sox cleared waivers.
- Catcher Miguel Olivo, formerly of the Marlins, cleared waivers and elected free agency.
- The Rays signed first-round pick Ryne Stanek.
- The Red Sox signed second-round pick Teddy Stankiewicz.
- The Cubs signed or reached agreement with a number of top international prospects, including Eloy Jimenez, Gleyber Torres and Erling Moreno.
- The White Sox signed top international prospect Micker Adolfo Zapata.
- The Royals signed top international prospects Marten Gasparini and Cristhian Vasquez.
- The Rockies signed top international prospect Carlos Herrera.
- The Padres signed top international prospect Mayky Perez.
- The Mariners signed top international prospect Greifer Andrade.
- The Dodgers signed top international prospect Lucas Tirado.
- The Athletics signed top international prospect Jesus Lopez.
- The Angels signed top international prospect Ricardo Sanchez.
- The Red Sox signed top internationals prospects Rafael Devers and Emmanuel DeJesus.
- The Rangers signed top international prospects Michael DeLeon and Marcos Diplan. They also signed fellow top prospects Yeyson Yrizarri and Jose Almonte.
- The Diamondbacks signed top international prospect Jose Herrera.
- The Twins signed top international prospects Lewin Diaz and Roni Tapia.
- The Blue Jays signed top international prospects Yeltsin Gudino and Freddy Rodriguez.
- More international signings can be found here.
- The Rangers signed Manny Ramirez to a minor-league deal.
- The Dodgers signed third baseman Ian Stewart.
- The Yankees signed infielder Luis Cruz after he refused an outright assignment from the Dodgers.
- The Nationals signed catcher Kelly Shoppach.
- The Rays signed pitcher Ramon Ramirez.
- The Royals signed first baseman Ben Broussard.
- The Padres signed pitcher Clay Zavada.
- Pitcher Jon Rauch opted out of his minor-league deal with the Orioles.
- Pitcher Aaron Laffey opted out of his minor-league deal with the Dodgers.
- Pitcher Justin Thomas opted out of his minor-league deal with the Athletics.
- The Indians released pitcher Chris Jakubauskas from Triple-A Columbus.
- The Nationals released pitcher Micah Owings from Triple-A Syracuse.
- The Diamondbacks released pitcher David Pauley from Triple-A Reno.
Lannan Accepts Mets' Outright Assignment Chris Snyder Retires Pirates Designate Travis Ishikawa For Assignment Jason Bartlett To Retire Pirates Acquire Ike Davis From Mets Athletics Extend Sean Doolittle Astros To Promote George Springer Padres Extend Jedd Gyorko Athletics Designate Sam Fuld For Assignment Rangers Acquire Hector Noesi Cardinals Extend John Mozeliak Red Sox Sign Ryan Roberts Astros Outright Chia-Jen Lo Rays Extend Yunel Escobar Pirates Extend Neal Huntington, Clint Hurdle Mariners Designate Hector Noesi For Assignment Diamondbacks Claim Roger Kieschnick Indians Extend Jason Kipnis Rays Extend Chris Archer Blue Jays Sign Juan Francisco Indians Extend Yan Gomes Rangers Designate Adam Rosales For Assignment Athletics Designate Michael Taylor For Assignment Red Sox Release Francisco Cordero Royals Release Ramon Hernandez Scott Diamond Accepts Outright Assignment Angels Extend Mike Trout Phillies Acquire Jayson Nix From Rays
Out Of Options 2014 2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Quick Hits: Prospects, Pirates, Brewers NL East Notes: Mets, Braves West Notes: Padres, A's, Angels Lannan Accepts Mets' Outright Assignment NL Notes: Braves, Mets, Cubs, Willis White Sox Place Donnie Veal On Outright Waivers Rosenthal On Diamondbacks, Braves, Drew Chris Snyder Retires Pirates Designate Travis Ishikawa For Assignment NL Notes: Polanco, Bradley, Abreu AL Notes: Orioles, Izturis, Rangers, Bartlett Week In Review: 4/13/14 - 4/19/14 Rangers Outright Daniel McCutchen West Notes: Trout, Kazmir, Padres Pirates Acquire Ike Davis From Mets
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors