Sometimes, it's rough being the new guy. On this date in 1997, Matt Williams tricked Royals rookie Jed Hansen with the rarely used hidden ball trick. The second baseman, deceived about the location of the ball, was tagged out by the Indians veteran infielder taking a lead off third base in an eventual 6-2 Cleveland victory. You don't have to be a youngster to fall for the gag - the Rays got the Dodgers' Juan Uribe last month and just yesterday, Todd Helton pulled a fast one on the Cardinals' Matt Carpenter. Here's this week's look around the baseball blogosphere..
- Kingdome Of Seattle Sports examines the Mariners' future outfield.
- Inside The Zona says Miguel Montero is still an important asset for the D'Backs.
- Batting Leadoff asks if pitchers who work faster get more help from their defense.
- I R Fast looks at fastball effectiveness by velocity.
- Kings Of Kauffman is happy just to be in it.
- Lasorda's Lair celebrates the Dodgers' walk-off wins in 2013.
- Pinstripe Pundits isn't happy about Chris Stewart.
- MLB Reports has questions for the White Sox heading into 2014.
- Camden Depot stares out into the Orioles' playoff horizon.
- Talkin Sox With Dan digs into Boston's late season stretch and what it means going forward.
- Phoul Ballz spoke with Phillies prospect Jesse Biddle.
- Pro Projections believes that Tim Stauffer could be an innings eater for the Padres.
- AL Eastbound & Down imagines what could have been with Koji Uehara.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached at ZachBBWI@gmail.com.