On this date in 2008, the Marlins become only the second Major League team to have three infielders hit 30 home runs in the same season when Hanley Ramirez went deep in Florida's 4-2 victory over the Nationals. The Florida shortstop joined teammates first baseman Mike Jacobs and second baseman Dan Uggla to match a feat accomplished in 2001 by A's infielders Jason Giambi, Eric Chavez, and Miguel Tejada. Here's this week's look around the baseball blogosphere..
- Know Hitter gives a tip of the cap to Dave Dombrowski.
- I R Fast takes a quick look at Chang-Yong Lim's debut for the Cubs.
- Halos Daily evaluates the market for Howie Kendrick.
- Batting Leadoff scouts Mariano Rivera and the money pitch.
- MLB Reports says the Rays miss James Shields.
- The Giants Cove is planning ahead.
- 2 Guys Talking Mets Baseball reaches across the aisle to talk Ryan Braun.
- Replacement Level Red Sox ranks Boston's top ten prospects.
- Inside The Zona tackles the question we've all been wrestling with.
- Blogging Mets has some concerns about the Mets' front office.
- Rays Colored Glasses wants the old David Price back.
- Grading On The Curve peers into the future to check out the Cubs in 2017.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached at [email protected].