Eight years ago this week, the NHL's Montreal Canadiens paid tribute to the departed Expos team by raising a commemorative banner to the rafters of Montreal's Bell Centre. Expos legends Gary Carter and Andre Dawson were joined by displaced mascot Youppi to hoist blue and orange banner that features their retired numbers, 8 and 10, respectively, as well as the numbers for Tim Raines (30) and Rusty Staub (10). Here's this week's look around the baseball blogosphere..
- Camden Depot looks at what Chris Davis can do in 2014 and beyond.
- Blue Jays Plus asks if Colby Rasmus is still in need of a platoon partner.
- Climbing Tal's Hill examines players that the Astros should protect from the Rule 5 draft.
- South Side Sox asks if the White Sox can compete in 2015.
- Dr. Strangeglove breaks down the Pirates' first base situation.
- Baseball Professor caught up with White Sox prospect Chris Beck.
- Rays Colored Glasses isn't thrilled about the Jesse Crain deal.
- Lasorda's Lair gives us five positive things about Don Mattingly.
- Baseball Hot Corner tries to figure out where David Price will land.
- Jays Journal asks if John Lackey's comeback could bode well for Josh Johnson.
- Kingdome Of Seattle Sports sees Johnson as a free agent find.
- The Shea Faithful says that winning is the only thing that will bring credibility back to the Mets.
- The Giants Cove suggests a successor for Bud Selig.
- MLB Reports has an idea for the Rays.
- Phoul Ballz spoke with Phillies pitching prospect Mike Nesseth.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached at ZachBBWI@gmail.com.