A look back at the original reporting and analysis found on MLBTR the past seven days:
- MLBTR presented Offseason Outlooks for the Twins (by Steve Adams), Phillies (by Jeff Todd), White Sox (posted by Tim Dierkes prior to the Jose Dariel Abreu signing), Rangers (by Charlie Wilmoth), Yankees (by Mark Polishuk), Padres and Giants (both by Zach Links).
- There were five installments of the MLBTR series Free Agent Profiles this week.
- Tim predicted the aforementioned Abreu would receive six-years and $54MM. Just two days after the post was published, Tim was proven correct on the years, but $14MM short of what the White Sox agreed to pay the Cuban slugger in the most lucrative deal in franchise history and the largest for an international free agent.
- Tim doesn't see Abreu riches for either Josh Johnson (one-year, $8MM) or Joe Nathan (two years, $26MM with a 2016 club option).
- If a team is looking for a less expensive closer option, Steve suggests Grant Balfour at $18MM over two years with a possible club or vesting option or Joaquin Benoit at $16MM over two years.
- Steve also sees A.J. Burnett re-signing with the Pirates on a one-year deal worth $12MM, if the 36-year-old right-hander does decide to postpone retirement.
- The Arbitration Eligibles series continued with Tim's anaylsis of the Padres, White Sox, Brewers, and Giants.
- Troy Percival's agent, Paul Cohen of TWC Sports, told MLBTR his client, who retired four years ago and ranks eighth on the all-time saves list, wants to become a MLB coach with the thought of eventually becoming a manager.
- Jeff featured a pair of catchers in a Free Agent Faceoff: Carlos Ruiz and A.J. Pierzynski. More than 53% of you would prefer to sign Pierzynski.
- Steve hosted the weekly live chat.
- Zach gathered the best the baseball corner of the web had to offer in Baseball Blogs Weigh In.
- There are many ways to enjoy MLB Trade Rumors. Here's a refresher on how to use the apps, features, and functions on MLBTR.
Astros To Promote George Springer Padres Extend Jedd Gyorko Athletics Designate Sam Fuld For Assignment Rangers Acquire Hector Noesi Cardinals Extend John Mozeliak Red Sox Sign Ryan Roberts Astros Outright Chia-Jen Lo Rays Extend Yunel Escobar Pirates Extend Neal Huntington, Clint Hurdle Mariners Designate Hector Noesi For Assignment Diamondbacks Claim Roger Kieschnick Indians Extend Jason Kipnis Rays Extend Chris Archer Blue Jays Sign Juan Francisco Indians Extend Yan Gomes Rangers Designate Adam Rosales For Assignment Athletics Designate Michael Taylor For Assignment Red Sox Release Francisco Cordero Royals Release Ramon Hernandez Scott Diamond Accepts Outright Assignment Angels Extend Mike Trout Phillies Acquire Jayson Nix From Rays Yankees Sign Alfredo Aceves
Out Of Options 2014 2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Teams Wield Advance Consent Hammer Hanrahan Talking With Multiple Clubs Following Showcase Minor Moves: Rafael Perez, Adam Loewen, Matt Neil Jeremy Jeffress Elects Free Agency White Sox Designate Donnie Veal For Assignment California Notes: Ramirez, Billingsley, Puig, Athletics AL Notes: Nunez, Vizquel, Cousins, A's AL Notes: Defensive Value, White Sox, Astros, Fuld NL Notes: Hamels, Morse, Diamondbacks, Walker Kole Calhoun To Miss Four To Six Weeks Minor Moves: Giants Release Dontrelle Willis Padres Notes: Gyorko, Headley, Cashner Rangers Outright Daniel McCutchen Athletics Claim Marcus Walden Off Waivers From Blue Jays Mets Outright Lannan, Promote Matsuzaka
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors