On this date in 1976, The Yankees signed free agent Reggie Jackson to a five-year, $3.5MM contract. During Mr. October's tenure, the Bronx Bombers will win four divisions, three pennants and two World Series. Here's this week's look around the baseball blogosphere..
- Marlin Maniac sat down with Miami radio play-by-play man Glenn Geffner.
- Rumbunter spoke with Pirates manager Clint Hurdle.
- Inside The Zona wonders if the D'Backs and Royals are potential trade partners.
- Reviewing The Brew looks at Yovani Gallardo's struggles in 2013.
- Rays Colored Glasses wonders if soccer's loan system could work in baseball.
- Blue Jays Plus says the rumored payroll cuts in Toronto are nonsense.
- Baseball Hot Corner has five reasons why the Blue Jays need to sign Robinson Cano.
- MLB Reports breaks down the Peter Bourjos for David Freese deal.
- Outside Pitch MLB checked with MLB.com's Bryan Hoch to talk Yankees.
- Conor Glassey wondered what MLB would look like if it were split up regionally.
- Breaking Blue ranks this year's free agent pitchers by their own ERA estimator.
- Talkin Sox With Dan says that Jarrod Saltalamacchia is the best fit for Boston.
- Yanks Beat Blog sings the praises of Brian McCann.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached at ZachBBWI@gmail.com.