On this date in 1972, at the age of 36, Dodgers southpaw Sandy Koufax became the youngest player to be elected into the Hall of Fame. Also getting the nod from the baseball writers in '72: Yankees legend Yogi Berra and Early Wynn, a 300-game winner. Here's this week's look around the baseball blogosphere..
- Blue Jays Plus goes deep on Brandon Morrow.
- Rays Colored Glasses checked in with J.D. Martin.
- The Beanball looks at the best defensive free agents left.
- Inside The Zona contemplates a three-headed shortstop.
- Hidden Vigorish talks about the PIrates' payroll.
- Outside PItch sizes up the Braves' catchers.
- Grading On The Curve says the Orioles would be foolish to spend on pitching.
- Pinstripe Pundits talks about why the Yankees won't sign Stephen Drew.
- Baseball News Source runs down rookies that can make a splasn in 2014.
- Talkin Sox With Dan is sticking with Clay Buchholz.
- Lasorda's Lair rejoices over Clayton Kershaw's new deal.
- Konsume wonders if Kershaw is the greatest pitcher of all-time.
- The Shea Faithful counts on rate stats, not counting stats.
- The Brewers Bar has ten gifts for the Brewers fan in your life that you secretly hate.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached at ZachBBWI@gmail.com.