A look back at the original reporting and analysis found on MLBTR the past seven days:
- Charlie Wilmoth opines it may be harder for sluggers like Nelson Cruz and Kendrys Morales (ranked #17 and #28, respectively, on MLBTR's 2014 Top 50 Free Agents list) to take advantage of the riches of today's free agent market because their solid-but-not-elite bats are offset by their limited defensive value and being tied to draft pick compensation.
- Charlie asked MLBTR readers which team will sign Stephen Drew (#14 on MLBTR's 2014 Top 50 Free Agents list). More than 75% of you believe his next team will either be the Red Sox or Mets.
- Tim Dierkes was the first to report the financial terms ($775K) of the one-year deal right-handed reliever Jesse Chavez signed with the A's to avoid arbitration.
- Zach Links revisited some of the notable transactions which have occurred on January 8th in recent years.
- Steve Adams hosted the weekly live chat.
- There are many ways to enjoy MLB Trade Rumors. Here's a refresher on how to use the apps, features, and functions on MLBTR.