On this date in 1999 Padres' outfielder Greg Vaughn became the first player in major league history to hit 50 home runs in a season and then be traded. The slugger was shipped to the Reds along with Mark Sweeney for Reggie Sanders, Damian Jackson, and Josh Harris. Here's this week's look around the baseball blogosphere..
- Camden Depot discusses the pros and cons of Bud Norris.
- Hidden Vigorish says the win curve isn't motivating the Pirates.
- Baseball News Source wonders what A.J. Burnett's value is to the Bucs.
- Inside The Zona says the D'Backs should offer Burnett a whole lot of money.
- Outside Pitch discusses the importance of B.J. Upton and Dan Uggla to the Braves.
- Rays Colored Glasses asks if Tampa Bay now has the best bullpen.
- MLB Reports delivers the Rays' state of the union.
- Blue Jays Plus weighs in on replay challenges.
- Reviewing The Brew gets their popcorn ready.
- A's Farm previews the River Cats for 2014.
- Pro Projections talks Andrelton Simmons.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached at ZachBBWI@gmail.com.