On this date in 2008, construction workers at the new Yankee Stadium site dug up a Red Sox jersey buried in concrete. The tattered David Ortiz jersey, which was later auctioned off to raise money for the Jimmy Fund, was buried by a Bronx construction worker, a Red Sox fan, who had hoped to put a hex on the Bombers. Here's this week's look around the baseball blogosphere..
- Pinstripe Pundits looks at previous deals to try and find fair value for Gary Sanchez.
- I R Fast breaks down Masahiro Tanaka's second start.
- Blue Jays Plus examines Dioner Navarro's impact on Mark Buerhrle.
- Inside The Zona delves into the Josh Collmenter Conundrum.
- Camden Depot says the Orioles still have trouble getting on base.
- Rays Colored Glasses discusses Matt Moore and pitcher injuries.
- Outside Pitch looks at three hurlers whose deliveries put them at risk for injury.
- Baseball Info Solutions says Mike Trout is fishing for a defensive comeback.
- AL Eastbound & Down is worried about the Blue Jays on the road.
- MLB Reports shows us how the Cardinals were put together.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached at ZachBBWI@gmail.com.