A look back at the original reporting and analysis found on MLBTR the last seven days:
- Tim Dierkes examined the pool of top young position players who have yet to ink contract extensions. Tim also provided thumbnail profiles of many of the 35 players who fall into this category.
- Tim listed the hardest throwing 2015 free agents.
- Zach Links was the first to break a pair of Travis Ishikawa stories this week: electing free agency after being outrighted by the Pirates and signing a minor league deal (including an opt-out) with the Giants.
- Charlie Wilmoth asked MLBTR readers which franchise had the best 2002 amateur draft. The consensus was the Dodgers (17%), Braves (15%), and the Red Sox (11%) fared the best.
- Jeff Todd asked MLBTR readers to rank the signings of a dozen free agents who agreed to one-year contracts worth between $4-8MM. You rated Nelson Cruz (Orioles) the best and Josh Johnson the worst (Padres).
- Steve Adams hosted this week’s chat.
- Zach compiled the latest edition of Baseball Blogs Weigh In.