On this date in 1985, Roger Maris died at the age of 51 after a two-year battle with lymphatic cancer. Maris, who set a long-standing record of 61 home runs in a season and won two MVP awards, was never inducted into the Hall of Fame, with some saying that he did not have the career numbers to enter Cooperstown. Here’s this week’s look around the baseball blogosphere..
- Camden Depot looks at six starting pitcher prospects in the Orioles system.
- Monkey With A Halo looked at the fallout from the Angels’ trades.
- World Series Dreaming isn’t as thrilled about Miguel Montero as others.
- Blue Jays Plus doesn’t think Toronto’s offense is actually any better.
- Cover Those Bases ran down the winners and losers of the winter meetings. rs
- Talking Brewers says Milwaukee should pursue Johnny Cueto.
- Nats GM discussed the Ross Detwiler deal.
- Inside The Zona says the D’Backs are taking a gamble by trading Wade Miley.
- Beisbol’s Org looked at the Dodgers’ eventful week.
- Baseball Hot Corner reflected on the meetings.
- Lasorda’s Lair hopes Matt Kemp’s departure brings Cole Hamels to L.A.
Please send submissions to Zach at [email protected].