On this date in 2005, the NHL’s Montreal Canadiens paid tribute to the departed Expos by raising a commemorative banner in Montreal’s Bell Centre, as Leo Panetta of NationalPastime.com writes. Displaced mascot Youppi was put to work and former players Gary Carter and Andre Dawson were on hand to assist in the hoisting of the banner. That banner featured their retired numbers, 8 and 10, respectively, as well as the numbers for Tim Raines (30) and Rusty Staub (10).
Here’s this week’s look around the baseball blogosphere..
- Pinstripe Pundits wonders when the Yankees might splurge again.
- TPOP looked ahead to the Pirates in 2016.
- Inside The ’Zona evaluated Chip Hale.
- Camden Depot says there’s nothing wrong with a camel.
- Rumbunter projected the Bucs’ non-tender candidates.
- Yankees Unscripted wonders if Jacoby Ellsbury’s contract is an albatross.
- Angels Win has a comprehensive Halos primer for 2016.
- Royals Blue said thank you to Marlins Man.
- Outside Pitch wonders if Daniel Murphy will cash in.
- Reviewing The Brew is excited for Orlando Arcia.
- Baseball Hot Corner isn’t worried about Toronto’s pitching future.
- Know Hitter previewed the Tigers in 2016.
- Section 215 reviewed the Phillies’ announcing crew.
- Brew Crew Ball is ready for Elian Herrera.
- Bronx Bomber Blogger looked at where the Yanks stand in free agency.
- MLB Reports says Zack Greinke should stay in L.A.
- When Sid Slid gave us their Atlanta starting rotation depth chart.
- Blue Jay Hunter praised Jose Bautista.
Please send submissions to Zach at [email protected].