A look back at the original reporting and analysis found on MLBTR the last seven days:
- On the latest edition of the MLBTR Podcast, Steve Adams and host Jeff Todd previewed potential extension talks between players and clubs as we head toward Spring Training. A new episode of the podcast is released every Thursday and can be accessed on iTunes, SoundCloud, and Stitcher.
- Separately, Steve wrote about the last few years of February extensions, noting that Felix Hernandez, Freddie Freeman, Homer Bailey and Ryan Zimmerman all agreed to their current deals in past Februaries.
- Jeff charted free agent spending by team so far this offseason, with the Cubs, Tigers and Giants ranking as the heaviest-spending teams this winter and the Brewers, Reds and Yankees bringing up the rear.
- This afternoon, Mark Polishuk asked which of the remaining qualifying offer free agents (Ian Desmond, Dexter Fowler and Yovani Gallardo) would be last to sign. So far, 52% of MLBTR readers think it will be Desmond.
- In his Tuesday chat, Steve discussed the recent Brewers/Diamondbacks trade as well as the immediate futures of Fowler, Mat Latos and Cliff Lee.
- In Friday’s chat, Jeff answered questions about what the Pirates might do for the rest of the offseason, as well as potential trade fits for James Loney.
- Recently, MLB Trade Rumors launched our official Instagram account: @TradeRumorsMLB. Each day, we’re sharing images about the hottest topics in baseball. We invite you to give us a like, weigh in with your thoughts in the comments, and even pass the link on to a friend. Follow us on Instagram today!