Here’s a recap of the original analysis MLBTR offered this week:
- Although we’re not yet at the trade deadline, this season is already three months old. That means the offseason is creeping closer, so Tim Dierkes updated his free agent power rankings for the upcoming winter. Mets outfielder Yoenis Cespedes tops the group for the second straight month.
- Jeff Todd’s weekly top trade candidates series has now grown to 25 players as the Aug. 1 deadline approaches. The Athletics and Brewers lead the way with four representatives apiece.
- This week’s version of Jason Martinez’s “Knocking Down the Door” series features five more prospects who are trying to force their way into the big leagues. Right-hander Aaron Wilkerson graced the list Tuesday and then switched organizations via trade Thursday, going from the Red Sox to the Brewers.
- Jeff also came up with a list of 10 under-the-radar players who could find new homes in the weeks leading up to the deadline. Included are three relievers, a starter, a swingman, two infielders and three outfielders.
- Finally, Jason broke down the five most important roster decisions that happened in Major League Baseball from Monday through Friday. Three star players landed on the disabled list in that time frame.