This week in the baseball blogosphere…
- Outside Pitch MLB examines the possibility of a Yankees–Pirates trade involving center fielder Andrew McCutchen.
- MLB451 predicts the postseason.
- Wayniac Nation explains why Braves first baseman Freddie Freeman deserves NL MVP consideration.
- BaseballDocs puts together a couple potential Brewers–Dodgers trades featuring outfielders Ryan Braun and Yasiel Puig.
- Now On Deck has an offseason plan for the Orioles.
- Clutchlings revisits the 2012 Blue Jays–Mets deal that sent R.A. Dickey to Toronto and Noah Syndergaard to New York.
- Chin Music Baseball lists six non-playoff teams that will be under pressure to compete next year.
- Brew Crew Fever grades the Brewers’ season.
- The Point of Pittsburgh projects salary figures for the Pirates’ arbitration-eligible players.
- Camden Depot names the five biggest surprises of the Orioles’ season.
- Jays From the Couch likes Toronto in an underdog role.
- Yanks Go Yard breaks down the Yankees’ platoon options for 2017.
- Pirates Breakdown delves into recent budget-related comments by general manager Neal Huntington.
- Halo Headquarters identifies some Angels prospects who could make big league impacts in 2017.
- Dan Grant of Same Page Team touches on Blue Jays–Rangers, Orioles manager Buck Showalter’s avoidance of superstar closer Zach Britton in the AL wild-card game, and the Toronto fan who threw a beer can at O’s outfielder Hyun Soo Kim. Everything Bluebirds also blasts that fan for his moronic act.
- All Sports With Steve argues that Major League Baseball should extend the wild-card round to three games.
- DieHard NYY doesn’t want the Yankees to trade catcher Brian McCann.
- The Runner Sports looks back on the Astrodome’s role as a shelter during Hurricane Katrina.
Please send submissions to ZachBBWI @gmail.com