DL Apps + FB
- Cardinals To Sign A.J. Pierzynski
- Yankees Acquire Chris Capuano From Rockies
- Mariners Acquire Kendrys Morales
- Tigers Acquire Joakim Soria
- Yankees Acquire Chase Headley
- Giants Sign Dan Uggla
- Angels Acquire Huston Street
- Astros Fail To Sign Aiken, Nix, Marshall
- Braves Release Dan Uggla
- Sabathia To Undergo Arthroscopic Surgery, Miss Rest Of Seasoni
- Red Sox Release A.J. Pierzynski
- Royals Acquire Jason Frasor
- Yankees Acquire Jeff Francis
- Marlon Byrd Reveals Four-Team No-Trade Clause
- Cardinals Claim George Kottaras
- White Sox Sign Carlos Rodon
- Masahiro Tanaka Has Slightly Torn UCL
- Brandon Phillips Tears Ligament In Thumb
- Yadier Molina Out 8-12 Weeks For Thumb Surgery
- Indians Acquire Chris Dickerson
- Aiken Has Elbow Injury; Astros Seeking Discounted Deal
- Blue Jays Claim Nolan Reimold
- Yankees Designate Alfonso Soriano For Assignment
- Yankees, D'Backs Swap Nuno, McCarthy
- Royals Sign Scott Downs
- Athletics Acquire Jeff Samardzija And Jason Hammel
- Reverse Standings
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2015 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- MLBTR iPad/iPhone App
- MLBTR Android App
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Giants, Red Sox Near Jake Peavy Deal
- Jon Lester Willing To Return To Red Sox If Traded
- Marlins Hoping To Buy, Not Looking To Deal Stanton
- Week In Review: 7/19/14 – 7/25/14
- Indians Looking To Add Starter, Outfielder
- Cardinals To Sign A.J. Pierzynski
- East Notes: Price, Lester, Howard, Papelbon, Mets, Braves
- Cardinals Close To Signing A.J. Pierzynski
- Jimmy Rollins’ 2015 Option Vests
- Latest On Rusney Castillo
- Twins, Suzuki Far Apart In Extension Talks
- Bruce Billings, Jeff Manship Outrighted
- Giants Designate Nick Noonan, Jose De Paula
- Stark’s Latest: Howard, Peavy, Reds, Red Sox, Rollins, Murphy
- Rangers Release Justin Marks
MLBTR Mailing List
- How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries
- Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB
- Scouting Masahiro Tanaka
- Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present
- Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals
- Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA
- Future Salary Obligations In Context
- Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings
- Why I Chose My Agency Series
- Arbitration Breakdown
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Alfredo Amezaga Rumors
The deadline for teams to offer contract to their players with less than six years of service time is midnight ET tonight, so let's keep track off all the non-tenders here in one post. Make sure you check back in, we'll be updating this post throughout the day.
- Rough day for Jose Arredondo. First it was announced that he would have surgery and miss 2010. Then right at the deadline, the Angels decided against tendering him an offer. Matt Brown and Dustin Moseley were given their walking papers as well.
- The Giants non-tendered Ryan Garko.
- Clay Condrey has been non-tendered by the Phillies.
- Josh Whitesell, though not arbitration-eligible, was non-tendered.
- The Indians non-tendered Adam Miller, Anthony Reyes, and Jose Veras.
- The Pirates made Matt Capps and Phil Dumatrait walk the plank.
- Raul Chavez is the only player not brought back by Toronto.
- The Royals have non-tendered John Buck and Josh Anderson.
- Mark Worrell and Jackson Quezada have been non-tendered by the Padres.
- Shawn Riggans was not offered a contract by Tampa Bay.
- Rays have non-tendered Gabe Gross.
- Seattle has non-tendered outfielder Ryan Langerhans.
- Milwaukee will non-tender Mark DiFelice and Mike Rivera.
- The Metropolitans have non-tendered Cory Sullivan, Tim Redding, Jeremy Reed, and Lance Broadway.
- The BoSox did not tender an offer to outfielder Brian Anderson.
- Oakland has parted ways with Jack Cust.
- The Nationals announced that they will not tender a contract to Mike MacDougal.
- Let's welcome D.J. Carrasco to the list.
- The Orioles bid Brian Bass farewell.
- The Cubs will non-tender Neal Cotts.
- Jonny Gomes has been non-tendered by the Reds.
- Raise your hand if you're an arbitration-eligible Marlin who has been tendered an offer. Not so fast, Alfredo Amezaga.
- Scott Olsen will not be invited back by the Nats.
- The Yankees non-tendered Chien-Ming Wang.
- The Braves gave Kelly Johnson and Ryan Church their walking papers.
- Garrett Atkins has been cut loose.
- Seth McClung tweeted a classy goodbye to the Brewers organization this morning, noting it was not his choice to leave.
Full Story | Comments | Categories: Alfredo Amezaga | Brian Bass | Chien-Ming Wang | Cory Sullivan | D.J. Carrasco | Gabe Gross | Garrett Atkins | Jeremy Reed | Kelly Johnson | Lance Broadway | Mark DiFelice | Mike MacDougal | Mike Rivera | Neal Cotts | Ryan Church | Ryan Garko | Ryan Langerhans | Scott Olsen | Seth McClung | Tim Redding
WEDNESDAY, 1:30pm: Juan C. Rodriguez of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel tweets that the Cubs have also shown interest in Amezaga.
MONDAY, 2:19pm: The Dodgers are inquiring on Marlins utility man Alfredo Amezaga, tweets MLB.com's Joe Frisaro. Amezaga, 32 in January, missed most of the season due to a knee injury that eventually required microfracture surgery. He's one of the Marlins' 11 arbitration-eligible players and shouldn't cost much to acquire.
It's a fantasy baseball show, but Peter Gammons discussed the trade market on ESPN's Fantasy Focus today. Here are his latest rumors:
- The Red Sox like Ryan Spilborghs, but the Phillies and other teams are interested, too. Plus, the Rockies are looking much better under Jim Tracy, so they're not dealing yet.
- The Angels have targeted Huston Street, in case the Rockies become sellers.
- Several teams have interest in Matt Murton.
- Gammons compares Eric Young Jr. to a young Chone Figgins because of his versatility.
- Another versatile player, Alfredo Amezaga, would interest 6-8 contenders if the Marlins shopped him, but they're not about to make him available.
- The market for Miguel Tejada should be pretty good, if the Astros decide to trade him. The Red Sox could be among the interested teams. Tejada would be a good fit for the Cardinals, but Gammons doesn't see Drayton McLane allowing Ed Wade to trade a key player to their divisional rival.
According to Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald, the Marlins avoided arbitration with Cody Ross ($2.225MM), Ricky Nolasco ($2.4MM plus $50K in incentives), and Alfredo Amezaga ($1.3MM). They’re headed to a February hearing with Dan Uggla.
Mike Berardino of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel talked an industry source who says Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria has authorized a payroll of up to $40MM for 2009. This means they won’t be forced to trade any of their 16 arbitration-eligible players. Greg Cote first suggested this on September 30th, and Buster Olney reiterated it on October 15th.
However, Berardino confirms Olney’s note from Friday: Kevin Gregg, Mike Jacobs, and Scott Olsen are available. The Marlins discussed sending Jacobs to the Royals for righty Carlos Rosa, but the Fish are worried about Rosa’s August forearm soreness. A thought: why would the Royals consider trading pitching for Jacobs? Berardino names the Mariners and Blue Jays as other interested parties, and considers the Indians a fit. The Giants have also been named as a suitor.
Berardino wonders if the Rangers will pursue Olsen, perhaps offering a catcher. I don’t believe Olsen would succeed in Texas.
Expected to remain in Florida: Dan Uggla, Cody Ross, and Alfredo Amezaga. Berardino says the front office is divided on Jeremy Hermida‘s potential. Four teams have asked about Hermida. Josh Willingham may be available, but his back is worrisome.
Full Story | Comments | Categories: Alfredo Amezaga | Carlos Rosa | Cleveland Indians | Cody Ross | Dan Uggla | Jeremy Hermida | Josh Willingham | Kansas City Royals | Kevin Gregg | Miami Marlins | Mike Jacobs | San Francisco Giants | Scott Olsen | Seattle Mariners | Texas Rangers | Toronto Blue Jays
Mike Berardino of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel talked to a veteran scout this week about the Marlins’ possible trade chips.
The reviews were on the positive side for Scott Olsen, Mike Jacobs, Dan Uggla, and Alfredo Amezaga. The scout apparently recommended against Jeremy Hermida, Kevin Gregg, and Josh Willingham. Hermida’s report was particularly damning, with the scout claiming the right fielder has "no passion for the game."
For more on the Fish, check out our Offseason Outlook.
UPDATE, 12-8-07 at 2:47am: More excitement…throw Abraham Nunez into the mix of Marlins third base targets. This team is going places.
FROM 12-7-07 at 11:27am:
MLB.com’s Joe Frisaro posted a new column last night full of good Marlins hot stove chatter.
- The most interesting note is that the Marlins talked to the Reds about swapping Dontrelle Willis for Josh Hamilton, prior to the blockbuster with Detroit.
- With Miguel Cabrera, the White Sox and Rangers were involved during the Meetings before the Tigers jumped in. The Rangers backed out when they couldn’t get an extension window for Cabrera. The Tigers wanted the same but obviously it wasn’t the dealbreaker. The Angels, Dodgers, and Giants were involved before the Meetings, with the Giants offering Noah Lowry.
- Frisaro says there are "strong indications the Marlins will sign Jorge Cantu. He’ll be in the mix at third base.
- The Fish are offering the Phils Scott Nestor for Wes Helms, who’d also compete at the hot corner.
- The Mets have some interest in Alfredo Amezaga, though the Marlins are inclined to keep him.
- Miguel Olivo will be released soon, so throw him into the catcher market with Michael Barrett.
Full Story | Comments | Categories: Abraham Nunez | Alfredo Amezaga | Chicago White Sox | Cincinnati Reds | Detroit Tigers | Dontrelle Willis | Jorge Cantu | Josh Hamilton | Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim | Los Angeles Dodgers | Miami Marlins | Michael Barrett | Miguel Cabrera | Miguel Olivo | New York Mets | Noah Lowry | Philadelphia Phillies | San Francisco Giants | Scott Nestor | Texas Rangers | Wes Helms