- Hamilton, Angels Discussing Resolution Of Dispute
- Introducing The New MLB Trade Rumors Mobile Site
- Cubs To Promote Kris Bryant
- Rays Sign J.P. Arencibia To Minor League Deal
- Yankees Interested In Braves’ Jose Peraza
- Diamondbacks Promote Yasmany Tomas
- Angels May Seek Contract Action Against Josh Hamilton
- Braves Release Carlos Quentin
- Indians Sign Jhoulys Chacin, Designate Shaun Marcum
- Alex Rios Fractures Left Hand
Trade Rumors Apps
- Trade Rumors iOS App
- Trade Rumors Android App
- MLBTR Podcast
- 2014-15 MLB Free Agent Tracker
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2015 Arbitration Tracker
- Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2015
- Free Agent Contest Leaderboard
- Reverse Standings
- 2016 MLB Free Agent List
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Hoops Rumors
- Pro Football Rumors
- Quick Hits: Scully, Hendriks, Nationals
- Rays DFA Grant Balfour
- Quick Hits: Rose, Herrera, Gregorius, Dodgers
- Giants’ Peavy Injured, Susac Recalled
- Quick Hits: Trout, Wilson, Tigers
- Rosenthal’s Latest: Tillman, Gomez, Beltre
- Minor Moves: Huff, De La Cruz, Bautista, Meyer
- Quick Hits: Hamilton, Ichiro, Kang
- Marlins Claim Matt Tracy
- McDaniel On The June Draft
- Hamilton, Angels Discussing Resolution Of Dispute
- Central Notes: Francona, Bailey, Bryant
- Week In Review: 4/11/15 – 4/17/15
- Inside The Christian Yelich Extension
- Quick Hits: Bryant, Cubs, Hamilton
MLBTR Mailing List
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Casey Fien Rumors
Links for Tuesday…
- Twins assistant GM Rob Antony told Parker Hageman of Over The Baggy that the team just hired a stats guy. Also, Antony reads MLBTR every day!
- According to Tom Gage of the Detroit News, pitcher Casey Fien asked the Blue Jays why he was released and was told he was a liability.
- Scott Podsednik told MLB.com's Scott Merkin there was miscommunication between his agent and the White Sox this offseason, but Sox assistant GM Rick Hahn disagreed.
- Joel Sherman of the New York Post wonders if the Mets will be thinking about trading Fernando Martinez for a top-notch starter come July.
- Ed Price of AOL FanHouse tweets that the Rangers are still looking at bringing Ramon Vazquez back. Vazquez is a prime candidate to be traded or released by the Pirates before the season begins, though the Rangers added Hernan Iribarren ten days ago.
The 26-year-old has been a transactions all-star this past month. Detroit designated him for assignment back in February, and the Red Sox claimed him off waivers a few days after. Boston waived him a few days later, and the Blue Jays claimed him. Toronto then released him this past Thursday.
Fien posted a 3.41 ERA, 10.2 K/9, and 2.3 BB/9 in 58 Triple A relief innings this year, though he struggled in 11.1 big league innings, his first taste of the show.
The Blue Jays released pitcher Casey Fien, tweets MLB.com's Jordan Bastian. The poor guy has already bounced from the Tigers to the Red Sox to the Jays this winter. Bastian's colleague Jason Beck chronicled Fien's travels ten days ago.
Fien, 26, posted a 3.41 ERA, 10.2 K/9, and 2.3 BB/9 in 58 Triple A relief innings last year. He struggled in 11.3 big league frames, which marked his Major League debut. Baseball America ranked Fien 27th among Tigers prospects, writing that he "profiles as a middle reliever." Still, his minor league command is intriguing.
Links for Tuesday…
- Brewers GM Doug Melvin tells MLB.com's Adam McCalvy that there's "no sense of urgency" to the Prince Fielder extension talks, since Fielder's "not going anywhere" for now.
- Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports tweets that Chris Young (the Padres' version) could be a trade candidate this year, but that the right-hander would be better served staying in the National League.
- Morosi also lays out the decision facing the White Sox as A.J. Pierzynski's contract approaches its end. We discussed the catcher's next contract here.
- Daisuke Matsuzaka wants to play in the majors for at least another decade, according to WEEI's Rob Bradford.
- SI's Tom Verducci explains a radical floating realignment concept that was discussed by Bud Selig's "special committee for on-field matters."
- Joe Posnanski describes Aroldis Chapman's spring debut in this SI column.
- Matthew Cerrone of MetsBlog reports that the Mets re-signed pitcher Kyle Snyder to a minor league deal. Snyder posted a 4.23 ERA, 6.4 K/9, and 2.8 BB/9 in 104.3 Triple A innings last year.
- Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch explores the recent pattern of the Cardinals acquiring rejected Red Sox players.
- ESPN's Keith Law opines that "if the season started this week, [Kyle Farnsworth would] have to be a candidate for unconditional release."
- MLB.com's Jason Beck caught up with Blue Jays pitcher Casey Fien, who bounced around between three clubs in a short span this winter.
- Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald says the 2007 Marlins-Tigers Miguel Cabrera blockbuster hasn't panned out as planned so far.
Full Story | Comments | Categories: A.J. Pierzynski | Aroldis Chapman | Boston Red Sox | Casey Fien | Chicago White Sox | Chris Young | Cincinnati Reds | Daisuke Matsuzaka | Detroit Tigers | Kansas City Royals | Kyle Farnsworth | Kyle McClellan | Miami Marlins | Milwaukee Brewers | New York Mets | Prince Fielder | San Diego Padres | St. Louis Cardinals | Toronto Blue Jays
It's been a busy week for Fien, who is with his third organization since Monday. The Tigers designated the reliever for assignment last week and the Red Sox claimed him Monday. He posted 10.2 K/9 and 2.3 BB/9 in 58 Triple A innings last year and made his MLB debut. He has only faced 53 major league hitters, so it wouldn't be fair to judge him on the 7.94 ERA he posted for the Tigers.
The Red Sox now have 39 players on their 40-man roster, according to a team press release.
The Red Sox claimed pitcher Casey Fien off waivers from the Tigers today, according to the Tigers' official Twitter feed. Fien was designated for assignment on Tuesday to make room for Johnny Damon. The Red Sox announced that they designated former waiver claim Gaby Hernandez for assignment to clear a spot for Fien. It's been a busy winter for Hernandez, who was designated for assignment by the Mariners when they signed Ryan Garko.
Fien, 26, posted a 3.41 ERA, 10.2 K/9, and 2.3 BB/9 in 58 Triple A relief innings this year. He struggled in 11.3 big league frames, which marked his Major League debut. Baseball America ranked Fien 27th among Tigers prospects, writing that he "profiles as a middle reliever." Still, his minor league command is intriguing.
The Tigers designated righty Casey Fien for assignment to make room for Johnny Damon, according to the team's Twitter page. Fien, 26, posted a 3.41 ERA, 10.2 K/9, and 2.3 BB/9 in 58 Triple A relief innings this year. He struggled in 11.3 big league frames, which marked his Major League debut. Baseball America ranked Fien 27th among Tigers prospects, writing that he "profiles as a middle reliever." Still, his minor league command is intriguing.