Chin-hui Tsao Rumors
Here are some random bits and pieces to hold us over until front offices re-open...
- Shea Hillenbrand has only received one inquiry this winter - from the Giants. He probably won't be earning $6MM again. Hillenbrand posted a .599 OPS in 267 ABs for the Angels and Dodgers this year. I thought perhaps that was one of the worst performances of the decade for guys with 250+ ABs. However it's only the 49th worst since 2000. Homer Bush's 2000 takes the cake - a .524 OPS for the Blue Jays in 297 ABs.
- The Royals inked Chin-Hui Tsao to a minor-league deal. Tsao was once considered the Rockies' best prospect, but he's been decimated by injuries. Makes sense for the Royals to throw him a bone though.
- Koji Uehara re-signed with the Yomiuri Giants for 400 million yen - about $3.57MM. He'll turn 33 in April. A hamstring injury knocked Uehara out of the '07 season's first month, denying him free agency this winter. Now he needs to be active for just eight days to be eligible after the season. The Giants used him in relief in '07, perhaps to spite him. Read more about that and his repertoire in my Q&A with Mike Plugh on Uehara.
- John Fay runs down the Reds' veteran free agent starter options.
- A-Rod still won't return Scott Boras' calls.
- Jason Churchill names some intriguing, possibly available young hurlers who may be on Seattle's radar: Scott Olsen, Noah Lowry, Daniel Cabrera, Edwin Jackson, Chris Capuano, Ian Snell, and Anthony Reyes.
- Nothing is cooking with Brandon Inge, and the Tigers won't be bringing Sean Casey back.
Full Story | Comments (0) | Categories: Alex Rodriguez | Brandon Inge | Chin-hui Tsao | Cincinnati Reds | Detroit Tigers | Kansas City Royals | Koji Uehara | New York Yankees | San Francisco Giants | Scott Boras | Sean Casey | Seattle Mariners | Shea Hillenbrand
- Juan Pierre could be shifted to left field to allow the Dodgers to employ a stronger arm in center field. It's odd...teams seem to be souring on last winter's signings even when they received exactly what everyone expected (Pierre and Jason Marquis, for example). It'd be different for the Red Sox to sour on J.D. Drew, he played well below expectations in Year 1. Anyway, Pierre could be moved to accomodate Matt Kemp (perhaps putting Andre Ethier in right), or the Dodgers could pursue a center fielder. They've already been connected to Andruw Jones.
- The Dodgers perceive third base as a big hole, apparently not willing to give Andy LaRoche another look. Of course we have to mention Alex Rodriguez. But how about Mike Lowell?
- The Dodgers will pass on options for Ramon Martinez and Randy Wolf, but might consider Mike Lieberthal at $1.5MM. Liebs could earn almost $40K per game next year, not too shabby.
- L.A. has a couple of non-tender candidates: Mark Hendrickson and Chin-hui Tsao. Apparently they will keep Hendrickson but cut Tsao loose.
Full Story | Comments (50) | Categories: Alex Rodriguez | Andruw Jones | Chin-hui Tsao | Juan Pierre | Los Angeles Dodgers | Mark Hendrickson | Mike Lieberthal | Randy Wolf
White Sox Re-Sign Paul Konerko Rockies To Sign Justin Morneau Yankees Agree To Sign Jacoby Ellsbury Marlins To Sign Jarrod Saltalamacchia Astros Acquire Dexter Fowler Padres, A's Swap Seth Smith For Luke Gregerson A's Acquire Craig Gentry, Josh Lindblom Rays Extend Ryan Hanigan Rays Acquire Ryan Hanigan Tigers Sign Joe Nathan Red Sox Sign A.J. Pierzynski Athletics Acquire Jim Johnson For Jemile Weeks Nationals Acquire Doug Fister From Tigers Athletics Sign Scott Kazmir Mariners To Sign Willie Bloomquist Blue Jays To Sign Dioner Navarro Twins To Sign Phil Hughes Rays To Re-Sign Juan Carlos Oviedo Giants To Re-Sign Ryan Vogelsong Twins Sign Ricky Nolasco Reds Re-Sign Manny Parra Dodgers Sign Dan Haren Rays Sign Jose Molina Cardinals Sign Jhonny Peralta
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
NL East Notes: Lincoln, Coghlan, Morrison Tigers Sign Joe Nathan NPB Officials Planning To Accept $20MM Maximum Posting Fee Cubs Likely To Trade Samardzija This Offseason D-Backs Looking To Trade Market For Ace, Power Bats Mariners May Have Topped Yankees' Offer To Cano Athletics Designate Andrew Werner For Assignment Tigers Designate Dixon Machado For Assignment James Loney Seeking Three-Year Deal Red Sox Sign A.J. Pierzynski Yankees Agree To Sign Jacoby Ellsbury Red Sox Notes: Granderson, Ellsbury, Salty, Lavarnway Pirates, Rays Targeting James Loney Athletics Sign Scott Kazmir Yankees Close To Signing Kelly Johnson
Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors