Devin Mesoraco Rumors
Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports has a special trade deadline edition of his weekly Full Count Video, so let's run down the highlights:
- For all the talk of the Braves and Carlos Beltran, Rosenthal reminds us that Atlanta could also use a right-handed reliever. Jonny Venters (lefty), Craig Kimbrel (righty), and Eric O'Flaherty (lefty) are all in the top four in the NL for total appearances. Atlanta is hopeful Peter Moylan will return in August, and they just moved Arodys Vizcaino to their Triple-A bullpen. They've also got three hard-throwing Triple-A righties as options, but each is also drawing trade interest: Anthony Varvaro, Jairo Asencio, and Juan Abreu. Each has a K/9 of 10.7 or higher.
- The Indians have joined the growing number of teams interested in Rays' center fielder B.J. Upton. Rosenthal compares Upton offensively to Ryan Ludwick and Josh Willingham, but notes that teams like Upton's glove and baserunning skills. Upton is also controlled through 2012, unlike the other two.
- Don't be surprised as to see the White Sox end up as sellers, says Rosenthal. They've got six starters as it is, so Edwin Jackson could be moved without harming the rotation much. Carlos Quentin could be dealt as well, and be replaced by Dayan Viciedo. Controlled through 2012, Quentin would become one of the hottest chips on the market.
- Reds' Triple-A catcher Devin Mesoraco is "all but untouchable," but that doesn't guarantee the Reds will deal Ramon Hernandez and use Mesoraco down the stretch. They've yet to receive an offer they like for the veteran Hernandez, and some within the organization are reluctant to hand make a pennant run with a rookie backstop.
Full Story | Comments (0) | Categories: Atlanta Braves | Carlos Quentin | Chicago White Sox | Cincinnati Reds | Cleveland Indians | Devin Mesoraco | Edwin Jackson | Ramon Hernandez | Tampa Bay Rays
- One MLB official says the Rockies never seriously intended to deal Jimenez, according to Jayson Stark of ESPN.com (on Twitter). It still sounds like he's staying put.
- The return in a Jimenez trade "would have to blow everybody away," GM Dan O'Dowd told Woody Paige of the Denver Post.
- The Rockies have yet to receive a single official offer for Jimenez, report Yahoo's Tim Brown and Jeff Passan. The Tigers, Reds, and Yankees are said to be the "most smitten" clubs. The writers add that a Tigers package would have to include pitching prospect Jacob Turner, the Reds would have to part with catcher Devin Mesoraco, and the Rockies inquired on Jesus Montero and Manny Banuelos of the Yankees.
Full Story | Comments (0) | Categories: Cincinnati Reds | Colorado Rockies | Detroit Tigers | Devin Mesoraco | Jacob Turner | Jesus Montero | Manny Banuelos | New York Yankees | Ubaldo Jimenez
Orioles To Sign Grant Balfour Yankees To Sign Matt Thornton Yankees To Sign Brian Roberts Dodgers To Sign J.P. Howell Astros To Sign Matt Albers White Sox, D-Backs Swap Reed For Davidson Braves Sign Gavin Floyd Indians To Sign John Axford Cardinals To Sign Mark Ellis Twins To Sign Mike Pelfrey Dodgers To Re-Sign Juan Uribe Royals Sign Omar Infante Rays To Re-Sign James Loney Rockies Sign Boone Logan Tigers Sign Joba Chamberlain Phillies To Sign Roberto Hernandez Giants To Sign Mike Morse Marlins, Cubs Swap Ruggiano For Bogusevic Mets To Sign Bartolo Colon Mariners Acquire Logan Morrison Mariners To Sign Corey Hart Nationals Acquire Jerry Blevins Pirates Extend Charlie Morton
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Quick Hits: Morales, Tanaka, Dodgers, Giants Rosenthal On Red Sox, Butler, Rangers, Angels Mariners Close To Re-Signing Franklin Gutierrez West Notes: Dodgers, Giants, Astros, Benoit Central Notes: Cubs, Veras, Santana, Pirates NL East Notes: Phillies, Rollins, Marlins Pirates Interested In Ike Davis, Mitch Moreland Royals Sign Omar Infante Red Sox Sign Watanabe, Release Carpenter Minor Moves: Tolleson, Treanor, Pino Cubs To Sign Jose Veras Jason Knapp Attempting Comeback Padres Sign Alberto Gonzalez Mariners Sign Charlie Furbush To One-Year Deal Astros To Sign Matt Albers
Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors