Doug Mirabelli Rumors
Here are some links I've cobbled together.
- Surprise move by the Red Sox, releasing Doug Mirabelli.
- Check out this typically lengthy blog entry from Joe Posnanski. I laughed out loud twice. Read it.
- Derrick Goold says the Cards are having "continued dialogue" with Kyle Lohse's people. Viva El Birdos considers this a test for ownership.
- With a hat tip to John Dewan, RotoAuthority attempts to find some meaning in this year's spring training stats.
- If you haven't already, take a look at my video mailbag from yesterday. We should have one of those MLB Roundup things on the way this week too.
Random rumors and links for your perusal...
- The Cardinals inked Josh Phelps to a minor league deal that could be worth up to $1MM. I always liked Phelps; he's a more than capable bench guy.
- The Red Sox bit the bullet and brought Doug Mirabelli back for another round. Tony Massarotti notes that the Red Sox may sign Jason Varitek to an extension this spring worth upward of $10MM annually. I still like the idea of going after Kenji Johjima next winter.
- RotoAuthority ranks the shortstops for fantasy leagues, hot off the press.
Word is that Doug Mirabelli is currently on a charter plane to Boston from San Francisco. Apparently this one is all over Dennis and Callahan and Dale and Holley on WEEI.
No word yet on who the Red Sox would send over to get Tim Wakefield's personal catcher back.
UPDATE: The Red Sox are trying to get Mirabelli to Fenway by gametime tonight.