DL Apps + FB
- Giants Sign Dan Uggla
- Angels Acquire Huston Street
- Astros Fail To Sign Aiken, Nix, Marshall
- Braves Release Dan Uggla
- Sabathia To Undergo Arthroscopic Surgery, Miss Rest Of Seasoni
- Red Sox Release A.J. Pierzynski
- Royals Acquire Jason Frasor
- Yankees Acquire Jeff Francis
- Marlon Byrd Reveals Four-Team No-Trade Clause
- Cardinals Claim George Kottaras
- White Sox Sign Carlos Rodon
- Masahiro Tanaka Has Slightly Torn UCL
- Brandon Phillips Tears Ligament In Thumb
- Yadier Molina Out 8-12 Weeks For Thumb Surgery
- Indians Acquire Chris Dickerson
- Aiken Has Elbow Injury; Astros Seeking Discounted Deal
- Blue Jays Claim Nolan Reimold
- Yankees Designate Alfonso Soriano For Assignment
- Yankees, D'Backs Swap Nuno, McCarthy
- Royals Sign Scott Downs
- Athletics Acquire Jeff Samardzija And Jason Hammel
- Padres Extend Seth Smith
- Angels, Pirates Swap Ernesto Frieri And Jason Grilli
- Central Notes: Indians, Royals, Rios, Twins, Willingham, Cards, Peavy
- East Notes: Lee, Hamels, Braves, Price, Orioles
- Relief Market Notes: Buyers, Red Sox, Tigers, Phils, Cubs, Cishek
- Minor Moves: Alderson, DeVoss, Stewart, Henderson
- Gammons On Zobrist, Uehara, Miller, Lester
- Tony Abreu Opts Out Of Contract With Giants
- Angels Sign John Buck
- Tommy Milone Asks For Trade
- Offseason Extensions For Towers, Gibson Were One-Year Deals
- Rockies Designate Jair Jurrjens For Assignment
- Twins, Suzuki Far Apart In Extension Talks
- Blue Jays Designate Sergio Santos For Assignment
- Top 11 Picks Will Be Protected In 2015 Draft
- Phillies Outright Koyie Hill, Designate Tony Gwynn Jr.
- AL East Notes: Johnson, Price, Cardinals, Lester
MLBTR Mailing List
- How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries
- Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB
- Scouting Masahiro Tanaka
- Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present
- Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals
- Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA
- Future Salary Obligations In Context
- Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings
- Why I Chose My Agency Series
- Arbitration Breakdown
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Eric Munson Rumors
A few more links, on the night of Johnny Damon's 2,500th career hit….
- Shaun Marcum would like to remain a Blue Jay, but says if he gets traded, "hopefully it's [to] someone that's obviously going to be in the playoffs." MLB.com's James Hall has the full story.
- With Edinson Volquez set to rejoin Cincinnati soon, Brandon Phillips tells CBS Sports' Danny Knobler that he doesn't think the Reds need to trade for a pitcher.
- Marlins' players are battling to stay in the playoff hunt, in hopes of convincing the front office not to break up the team, writes the Palm Beach Post's Joe Capozzi. Florida's brass should decide soon whether or not they'll become sellers.
- The Indians signed a pitcher whose pre-draft arm surgery dropped him from a potential top-50 pick to the seventh round, according to Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer.
- The Padres released former third overall pick Eric Munson, tweets MLB.com's Corey Brock.
- Frank Wren is biding his time when it comes to making trades, writes Carroll Rogers of the Atlanta Journal Constitution. Wren reiterated what we heard a couple weeks ago: the Braves likely won't need to acquire any pitching.
- Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports (Twitter link) hears that the White Sox aren't currently "heavily involved" in trade talk, but concedes that with Chicago, that could change at any moment.
- The Orioles are scouting the Phillies tonight, according to Matt Gelb of the Philadelphia Inquirer (via Twitter). Gelb notes that Ty Wigginton, Miguel Tejada, and Jeremy Guthrie could all be potential targets for the Phils.
- AOL FanHouse's Frankie Piliere lists ten baseball people that ought to be considered for future general manager openings.
Full Story | Comments | Categories: 2010 Amateur Draft | Atlanta Braves | Chicago White Sox | Cincinnati Reds | Cleveland Indians | Edinson Volquez | Eric Munson | Jeremy Guthrie | Miami Marlins | Miguel Tejada | Philadelphia Phillies | San Diego Padres | Shaun Marcum | Toronto Blue Jays | Transactions | Ty Wigginton
Links for Thursday…
- Chat today, 2pm CST.
- Dan Hayes of the North County Times tweets that the Padres signed Eric Munson to a minor league deal. Munson, 32, hit .265/.362/.450 in Triple A last year while catching 73 games.
- Potential high 2010 draft pick Anthony Ranaudo, a righty at LSU, will miss a start Friday due to elbow discomfort according to Baseball America's Aaron Fitt.
- ESPN's Jerry Crasnick looks at the mentor role Ben Sheets will play for the Oakland pitching staff.
- Maury Brown of The Biz of Baseball reports that despite a decrease in attendance, MLB revenue reached a record $6.6 billion in 2009.
- J.D. Drew feels that he's been worth the $42MM he's been paid so far by the Red Sox over the 2007-09 seasons, reports Steve Buckley of the Boston Herald.
According to a press release, the A's acquired catcher Curtis Thigpen from the Blue Jays today for a player to be named later or cash considerations. They also signed catcher Eric Munson to a minor league deal.
Thigpen, 26 in April, hit .222/.267/.310 at Triple A last year. Baseball America describes him as adequate defensively. The Jays designated Thigpen for assignment on February 4th to make room for Brian Burres. Thigpen was the Jays' heir apparent at catcher three years ago, according to John Lott of the National Post. Thigpen took the place of Guillermo Quiroz, the previous "catcher of the future."
Munson, 31, spent time with the Brewers' Triple A club last year but dealt with hip and shoulder injuries. He's shown good pop in the past and was a can't-miss prospect himself a decade ago, when the Tigers picked him third overall and gave him a four-year, $6.75MM deal. Munson can also play a little bit at the infield corners.
A few tidbits this morning as we wait to hear more on Fukudome…
- The Tigers and Pirates have had talks about Brandon Inge. Not sure how he fits in with that club, but OK.
- Yesterday Barry Svrluga wrote of a failed Padres-Nats trade worth noting. The Nats would’ve sent Jon Rauch or Chad Cordero plus Felipe Lopez to the Padres for Khalil Greene. The talks fizzled; it never sounded like something the Padres would be interested in. They usually grow their own relievers. Tom Krasovic over at the San Diego Union-Tribune elaborates a little more on Jim Bowden’s love for Greene.
- Carl Pavano, the American Idle, is deciding whether to take a minor league contract with the Yanks. Peter Abraham says the Yankees are offering this to make sure they can collect on insurance.
- Xavier Nady will be tendered a contract, officially putting the rumors to rest.
- The Brewers inked Eric Munson to be their possible backup catcher.