- Chris Davis Suspended 25 Games
- Reds, Brewers Complete Broxton Trade
- Ron Washington Resigns As Rangers Manager
- Angels Exercise 2015 Option On Jerry Dipoto
- Diamondbacks Fire Kevin Towers
- Rockies Extend Jorge De La Rosa
- Dodgers Promote Joc Pederson
- Astros Fire Bo Porter
- Brewers Acquire Jonathan Broxton
- Athletics Acquire Adam Dunn
- Hoops Rumors
- Pro Football Rumors
- Reverse Standings
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2015 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings
- 2016 MLB Free Agent List
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- MLBTR iPad/iPhone App
- MLBTR Android App
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- The Most Improved Free Agents
- Poll: Who Will Sign Yasmani Tomas?
- Quick Hits: Wright, Pedroia, Duquette
- Rosenthal On Scherzer, Braves, Melvin
- Red Sox Notes: Shields, Rodriguez, Ortiz
- Braves Could Make Baseball Operations Changes
- NL Notes: Cubs, Arrieta, Pirates, Revere
- West Notes: Athletics, Nicasio, Rangers
- Week In Review: 9/13/14 – 9/19/14
- Quick Hits: Reaction Time, Schafer, Morse, Iglesias
- AL Notes: Hughes, Tomas, Lewis, Perkins, Leyva
- Minor Moves: Shane Watson
- Latest On Diamondacks’ GM Search
- 2014-15 Free Agent Leaderboards
- Red Sox Notes: Tomas, Castillo, Uehara, Alvarez
MLBTR Mailing List
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Free Agent All-Stars Rumors
Today I will attempt to assemble an All-Star team using only players signed as free agents last winter. Argue away in the comments!
- C: Rod Barajas. Barajas is hitting a surprising .290/.349/.490 in 169 plate appearances, and he’s only making $1.2MM. Jorge Posada is catching up though.
- 1B: Sean Casey. He’s done a nice job in limited duty.
- 2B: Alexei Ramirez. One of the unheralded signings of last winter – Kenny Williams got Ramirez on a four year, $4.75MM deal. That’s less than one year of Luis Castillo or Kaz Matsui, and Ramirez can play shortstop and center field.
- SS: Jerry Hairston Jr. Many of us regarded this as Dusty just helping out one of his guys, but Hairston was excellent prior to a broken thumb.
- 3B: Alex Rodriguez. It’s not a big deal when A-Rod hits .322/.404/.591 – that is expected of him.
- LF: Luis Gonzalez. Not a big offseason for free agent left fielders.
- CF: Aaron Rowand. We’re only 10% into this $60MM investment, but so far so good. Torii Hunter has been solid too.
- RF: Kosuke Fukudome. A .405 OBP and strong defense gets him the nod over Eric Hinske. Jose Guillen is coming on fast.
- DH: Milton Bradley. Even Jon Daniels couldn’t have expected him to be this good.
- Total guaranteed money spent: $397.5MM (69% on A-Rod)
- 2008 salaries, not including signing bonuses: $51.7MM (52% on A-Rod)
- My free agent agent All-Star lineup would score over six runs per game based on their performances this year! Looks like Casey’s batting leadoff (link takes a while to load).