- Mets To Extend Sandy Alderson, Retain Terry Collins
- Yankees Claim Eury Perez
- Braves Fire Frank Wren
- Chris Davis Suspended 25 Games
- Reds, Brewers Complete Broxton Trade
- Ron Washington Resigns As Rangers Manager
- Angels Exercise 2015 Option On Jerry Dipoto
- Diamondbacks Fire Kevin Towers
- Rockies Extend Jorge De La Rosa
- Dodgers Promote Joc Pederson
- Astros Fire Bo Porter
- Brewers Acquire Jonathan Broxton
- Athletics Acquire Adam Dunn
- Hoops Rumors
- Pro Football Rumors
- Reverse Standings
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2015 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings
- 2016 MLB Free Agent List
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- MLBTR iPad/iPhone App
- MLBTR Android App
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- East Notes: Schuerholz, Alderson, Gibbons, Yankees, Pedroia
- Mets Extend Sandy Alderson, Retain Terry Collins
- MLBTR Chat Transcript
- Yasmany Tomas Rumors: Tuesday
- NL Central Notes: Tomas, Martin, Jackson, Reds
- Volquez Hopes To Re-Sign With Pirates, Seeks Multi-Year Deal
- Dan Haren’s 2015 Option Vests
- AL Notes: Yankees, Joyce, Twins, Astros
- Alcides Escobar Joins The Legacy Agency
- Diamondbacks To Announce New GM On Thursday
- Reactions To & Fallout From The Braves’ GM Change
- Yankees Designate Josh Outman For Assignment
- Yankees Claim Eury Perez
- Trade Candidate(s): The Reds’ Starting Pitchers
- Braves Fire Frank Wren
MLBTR Mailing List
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Josh Fogg Rumors
According to Troy Renck of the Denver Post, the Rockies have signed Josh Fogg to a minor league contract.
Fogg, 32, went 2-7 with a 7.58 ERA in 14 starts for the Reds last season. The Rox will hope he can get back to his ’07 form, when he finished 10-9 with a 4.94 ERA for Colorado. He’ll first have to win his way onto the roster. Greg Smith, Jorge De La Rosa, Franklin Morales, Jason Hirsh, Greg Reynolds and Matt Belisle are all vying for spots in the starting rotation.
According to Troy E. Renck of the Denver Post, free agent pitcher Josh Fogg is "leaning toward rejoining the Rockies and expects to make a decision this weekend." Many pitchers are battling for Jeff Francis‘ rotation spot while he deals with a shoulder injury. Fogg would join them on a non-guaranteed minor league deal worth less than a million bucks, and he could also get an out clause.
The Rockies had targeted Braden Looper earlier this winter, but can’t afford him now.
The latest on the Rockies from Troy E. Renck of the Denver Post…
- It seemed the Rockies had satisfied their need for lefthanded relievers by signing Alan Embree and Glendon Rusch. However, Renck says they may renew interest in Joe Beimel if the price is right. I’m not sure what Beimel is asking for, but two years and $5MM seems appropriate (in hindsight, the Yankees may have overpaid for Damaso Marte at three years, $12MM).
- Josh Fogg still has an "open invitation" to sign a minor league deal to return to Colorado. Fogg signed with the Reds on February 21st last year; you have to imagine he’d like to resolve his situation more quickly and have a normal Spring Training.
- The Rockies aren’t interested in Kris Benson, though they did attend his Saturday workout.
The Colorado Rockies offered third baseman Garrett Atkins $6.65MM, and Atkins asked for $7.95MM, Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports.
“Either way, it’s going to be a lot of money and I will be happy,” Atkins told Renck.
Atkins’ arbitration hearing date has been set, Renck adds, but both parties are keeping it secret to prevent advance research by the arbiters.
Renck also notes that starting pitcher Josh Fogg is still considering rejoining the Rockies. Fogg would receive a minor-league deal similar to Matt Belisle.
According to MLB.com’s Bill Ladson the Nationals still have interest in Orlando Hudson and Adam Dunn. So far both players’ demands have exceeded the Nats’ budget, but GM Jim Bowden said the team still has interest in acquiring free agent hitters.
The rotation, on the other hand, could enter Spring Training as is. The Nationals have no interest in Josh Fogg because they are content with a rotation of Collin Balester, Daniel Cabrera, John Lannan, Scott Olsen and Jordan Zimmermann. MASN reports that Bowden said he’s interested in adding "one or two more starting pitchers" if the circumstances are right.
According to Troy E. Renck of the Denver Post, free agent starter Josh Fogg has an invitation to rejoin the Rockies on a deal similar to Matt Belisle‘s minor league pact. Fogg would face significant competition for a job with the big league club, so he’s waiting to see if anything better surfaces. Renck notes that Belisle has an April out clause, which is not something the Rockies hand out lightly.
Renck adds that the Rox will watch Kris Benson throw Saturday but are unlikely to sign him. Ken Rosenthal said yesterday the Dodgers, Rangers, Padres, and D’Backs will also be in attendance. The Indians and Cardinals too, says Thomas Harding.
THURSDAY, 6:05pm: MLB.com’s Thomas Harding adds a couple names to Renck’s list. Second baseman Luis A. Gonzalez is a non-roster invitee and Josh Fogg "could return to the Rockies."
WEDNESDAY, 3:36pm: According to Troy E. Renck of the Denver Post, the Rockies re-signed outfielder Scott Podsednik to a minor league deal. Renck says the Rox also added Matt Belisle, Dan Ortmeier, Edwin Bellorin, and Cedrick Bowers on minor league deals. If he’s useful, the Rockies can retain Belisle in future seasons as an arbitration-eligible player.
Troy E. Renck of the Denver Post weighs in on various free agent pitchers.
- The Rockies are a long shot for Tim Redding following their Jason Marquis acquisition. The Mets and Orioles still like him; he may command $2.5-3MM.
- Josh Fogg would like to return to Colorado, but has drawn interest from other teams as well.
- The Rangers and D’Backs are interested in Jason Jennings. Jennings missed most of the season after signing with Texas for $4MM. He had surgery in May to repair a torn flexor tendon in his forearm.
- The Mets are one team with an eye on outfielder Cory Sullivan.
Troy E. Renck of the Denver Post has the latest on the Rockies’ pursuit for back-end starting pitching.
The Rox "remain firmly in the mix" for free agent Tim Redding, who also has the Mets and Orioles in pursuit. Renck suggests the Orioles’ signing of Mark Hendrickson could cause them to back off, though Jeff Zrebiec wrote today that the Orioles want to add at least two starters.
Jason Marquis is also on Colorado’s radar, but they "can’t absorb hardly any" of his $9.875MM salary. The Cubs are seemingly looking to save at least $3-4MM here. Renck adds that Josh Fogg is another possibility for the Rockies, on a minor league deal.