Lou Marson Rumors
- The Angels have "hinted at a willingness to build a deal around pitching prospect Nick Adenhart." This would apparently involve Mark Teixeira or Matt Holliday.
- The Phillies made an initial offer last week for A.J. Burnett, and the Jays were thoroughly unimpressed. The Phillies won't discuss prospects Carlos Carrasco, Lou Marson, or Greg Golson in trades.
- The Yankees have zero interest in Burnett.
- The A's are willing to move Joe Blanton. He's not perfect, but he can eat innings and is under team control through 2010.
- Six games out of the wild card with a league-best offense, the Rangers don't look like sellers.
- At least ten teams watched Mets' Double A starter Jon Niese pitch Saturday. He's their top trade chip given the unavailability of Fernando Martinez.
- The Pirates have their eye on the Yankees' Ross Ohlendorf, if the Yanks become buyers for players like Damaso Marte or Xavier Nady.
- Three Raul Ibanez suitors are named: the Diamondbacks, Dodgers, and Red Sox.
- At least nine teams are monitoring Freddy Garcia: the Yankees, Mets, Astros, Rangers, Royals, Red Sox, Phillies, Tigers, and White Sox. We've seen the Braves, Rays, and Cubs mentioned too. Garcia's agent isn't up for an '09 option with his client. A-Rod is said to be pushing for the Yankees to sign him.
- Sherman notes a rumor around the game that has Pat Gillick becoming Mariners president next year, and Brian Cashman coming on as his GM.
Full Story | Comments (27) | Categories: A.J. Burnett | Arizona Diamondbacks | Atlanta Braves | Boston Red Sox | Brian Cashman | Carlos Carrasco | Chicago White Sox | Colorado Rockies | Damaso Marte | Detroit Tigers | Freddy Garcia | Houston Astros | Joe Blanton | Jon Niese | Kansas City Royals | Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim | Los Angeles Dodgers | Lou Marson | Mark Teixeira | Matt Holliday | New York Mets | New York Yankees | Nick Adenhart | Oakland Athletics | Philadelphia Phillies | Pittsburgh Pirates | Raul Ibanez | Ross Ohlendorf | Seattle Mariners | Texas Rangers | Toronto Blue Jays | Xavier Nady
FRIDAY: We have an update to Stark's column - he is now saying that Burnett does have veto power over 15 teams.
THURSDAY: Let's take a look at Jayson Stark's latest over at ESPN.com.
- The Phillies and Yankees both made failed runs at CC Sabathia. The Phils wouldn't include Carlos Carrasco or Lou Marson, while the Yanks insisted on a negotiating window. The Phils are looking at Erik Bedard and A.J. Burnett by default, while neither of those pitchers makes sense for the Yankees. The Yanks checked in on Aaron Harang, but that's a moot point since he's ailing.
- Despite the Dodgers' run at Sabathia, they're apparently not looking at other starters.
- Ken Rosenthal recently wrote that Burnett had veto power over 15 teams, but Stark's source says it's just a handful of teams. It'll be tough to convince Burnett not to opt out of his contract after the season, unless he's hurt.
- The Braves still haven't made the buy/sell decision. If they buy, Xavier Nady is the top target. If they sell, Mark Teixeira is the best chip. Apparently Scott Boras is talking about $23MM per year for Tex this winter.
- The Giants are pretty clearly not trading Matt Cain.
- The Orioles, making a run at .500, don't seem motivated to move George Sherrill or othe top veterans.
- The Brewers' Plan B beyond Sabathia was Zack Greinke, rather than Rich Harden. Ken Rosenthal recently said the Royals were "decidedly uninterested in moving Greinke," however.
- Stark says it "wouldn't be out of the question" for the Cubs to pursue a lefthanded starter like Randy Wolf, despite the Harden acquisition.
- Extension with the Phillies for Pat Burrell did not get very far.
Full Story | Comments (16) | Categories: A.J. Burnett | Aaron Harang | Atlanta Braves | Baltimore Orioles | C.C. Sabathia | Carlos Carrasco | Cincinnati Reds | Cleveland Indians | Erik Bedard | George Sherrill | Kansas City Royals | Los Angeles Dodgers | Lou Marson | Mark Teixeira | Matt Cain | Milwaukee Brewers | New York Yankees | Pat Burrell | Philadelphia Phillies | Pittsburgh Pirates | Randy Wolf | Rich Harden | San Diego Padres | San Francisco Giants | Seattle Mariners | Toronto Blue Jays | Xavier Nady | Zack Greinke
Mets To Sign Bartolo Colon Mariners Acquire Logan Morrison Mariners To Sign Corey Hart Nationals Acquire Jerry Blevins Pirates Extend Charlie Morton Rockies Acquire Brett Anderson D-Backs Acquire Mark Trumbo In Three-Team Deal With Angels, White Sox White Sox Sign Felipe Paulino Roy Halladay To Retire Marlins To Sign Garrett Jones Astros Sign Chad Qualls Yankees To Sign Carlos Beltran Red Sox To Re-Sign Mike Napoli Nationals To Sign Nate McLouth Rangers To Sign J.P. Arencibia Astros Sign Scott Feldman Mets Sign Curtis Granderson Mariners To Sign Robinson Cano
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
AL East Rumors: Drew, Balfour, Orioles, Red Sox Orioles Made Offers To Cruz, Balfour, Axford Shin-Soo Choo Rumors: Wednesday Astros In Serious Discussions With Mike Morse West Notes: Morales, Kemp, Sandoval, Baker Quick Hits: Diaz, Benoit, Axford, Feldman, Ibanez NL Central Rumors: Boggs, Cubs, Pirates, Burnett D'Backs Notes: Towers, Tanaka, Garza, Santana NL East Rumors: Zimmermann, Mets, Blevins, Braves AL East Rumors: Santana, Red Sox, Blue Jays, Hardy Astros Pushing Hard For Jose Veras AL West Notes: Astros, Morse, Rangers, Cruz Raul Ibanez Could Sign With Angels Stephen Drew Rumors: Wednesday Central Notes: Cubs, Hernandez, Tigers, Hart
Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors