DL Apps + FB
- Cardinals To Sign A.J. Pierzynski
- Yankees Acquire Chris Capuano From Rockies
- Mariners Acquire Kendrys Morales
- Tigers Acquire Joakim Soria
- Yankees Acquire Chase Headley
- Giants Sign Dan Uggla
- Angels Acquire Huston Street
- Astros Fail To Sign Aiken, Nix, Marshall
- Braves Release Dan Uggla
- Sabathia To Undergo Arthroscopic Surgery, Miss Rest Of Seasoni
- Red Sox Release A.J. Pierzynski
- Royals Acquire Jason Frasor
- Yankees Acquire Jeff Francis
- Marlon Byrd Reveals Four-Team No-Trade Clause
- Cardinals Claim George Kottaras
- White Sox Sign Carlos Rodon
- Masahiro Tanaka Has Slightly Torn UCL
- Brandon Phillips Tears Ligament In Thumb
- Yadier Molina Out 8-12 Weeks For Thumb Surgery
- Indians Acquire Chris Dickerson
- Aiken Has Elbow Injury; Astros Seeking Discounted Deal
- Blue Jays Claim Nolan Reimold
- Yankees Designate Alfonso Soriano For Assignment
- Yankees, D'Backs Swap Nuno, McCarthy
- Royals Sign Scott Downs
- Athletics Acquire Jeff Samardzija And Jason Hammel
- Reverse Standings
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2015 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- MLBTR iPad/iPhone App
- MLBTR Android App
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Indians Looking To Add Starter, Outfielder
- Cardinals To Sign A.J. Pierzynski
- East Notes: Price, Lester, Howard, Papelbon, Mets, Braves
- Cardinals Close To Signing A.J. Pierzynski
- Jimmy Rollins’ 2015 Option Vests
- Latest On Rusney Castillo
- Twins, Suzuki Far Apart In Extension Talks
- Bruce Billings, Jeff Manship Outrighted
- Giants Designate Nick Noonan, Jose De Paula
- Stark’s Latest: Howard, Peavy, Reds, Red Sox, Rollins, Murphy
- Rangers Release Justin Marks
- Central Links: Cubs, Twins, Prospects, Sox
- Trade Market For Right-Handed Relievers
- AL East Notes: Robertson, Lester, Barnes, Pompey, Byrd
- Athletics Acquire Deck McGuire
MLBTR Mailing List
- How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries
- Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB
- Scouting Masahiro Tanaka
- Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present
- Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals
- Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA
- Future Salary Obligations In Context
- Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings
- Why I Chose My Agency Series
- Arbitration Breakdown
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Mike Rivera Rumors
The Yankees signed catcher Mike Rivera to a minor league contract, tweets Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports. Rivera had been non-tendered by the Brewers on the December 12th deadline.
Rivera, 33, hit .228/.326/.342 in 132 plate appearances this year as Jason Kendall's backup, missing time with an ankle sprain. He caught 271 innings. If the Yankees give big league playing time to Rivera and are happy with his performance, they can retain him in future seasons as an arbitration-eligible player.
The deadline for teams to offer contract to their players with less than six years of service time is midnight ET tonight, so let's keep track off all the non-tenders here in one post. Make sure you check back in, we'll be updating this post throughout the day.
- Rough day for Jose Arredondo. First it was announced that he would have surgery and miss 2010. Then right at the deadline, the Angels decided against tendering him an offer. Matt Brown and Dustin Moseley were given their walking papers as well.
- The Giants non-tendered Ryan Garko.
- Clay Condrey has been non-tendered by the Phillies.
- Josh Whitesell, though not arbitration-eligible, was non-tendered.
- The Indians non-tendered Adam Miller, Anthony Reyes, and Jose Veras.
- The Pirates made Matt Capps and Phil Dumatrait walk the plank.
- Raul Chavez is the only player not brought back by Toronto.
- The Royals have non-tendered John Buck and Josh Anderson.
- Mark Worrell and Jackson Quezada have been non-tendered by the Padres.
- Shawn Riggans was not offered a contract by Tampa Bay.
- Rays have non-tendered Gabe Gross.
- Seattle has non-tendered outfielder Ryan Langerhans.
- Milwaukee will non-tender Mark DiFelice and Mike Rivera.
- The Metropolitans have non-tendered Cory Sullivan, Tim Redding, Jeremy Reed, and Lance Broadway.
- The BoSox did not tender an offer to outfielder Brian Anderson.
- Oakland has parted ways with Jack Cust.
- The Nationals announced that they will not tender a contract to Mike MacDougal.
- Let's welcome D.J. Carrasco to the list.
- The Orioles bid Brian Bass farewell.
- The Cubs will non-tender Neal Cotts.
- Jonny Gomes has been non-tendered by the Reds.
- Raise your hand if you're an arbitration-eligible Marlin who has been tendered an offer. Not so fast, Alfredo Amezaga.
- Scott Olsen will not be invited back by the Nats.
- The Yankees non-tendered Chien-Ming Wang.
- The Braves gave Kelly Johnson and Ryan Church their walking papers.
- Garrett Atkins has been cut loose.
- Seth McClung tweeted a classy goodbye to the Brewers organization this morning, noting it was not his choice to leave.
Full Story | Comments | Categories: Alfredo Amezaga | Brian Bass | Chien-Ming Wang | Cory Sullivan | D.J. Carrasco | Gabe Gross | Garrett Atkins | Jeremy Reed | Kelly Johnson | Lance Broadway | Mark DiFelice | Mike MacDougal | Mike Rivera | Neal Cotts | Ryan Church | Ryan Garko | Ryan Langerhans | Scott Olsen | Seth McClung | Tim Redding
Some Brewers tidbits courtesy of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel's Tom Haudricourt:
- Brewers GM Doug Melvin told Haudricourt that he called the Padres earlier today and inquired about Kevin Correia. Even though he made his interest known, San Diego never followed up and instead signed the righty to a one-year deal.
- Melvin also confirmed that he has a tentative agreement in place for veteran Craig Counsell to return in 2010. He expects it to be finalized Monday.
- The decision to non-tender Seth McClung, Mark DiFelice, and Mike Rivera was not financially motivated, according to Melvin. For up-to-the-minute news on other players not being tendered, check out our running post.