- Chris Davis Suspended 25 Games
- Reds, Brewers Complete Broxton Trade
- Ron Washington Resigns As Rangers Manager
- Angels Exercise 2015 Option On Jerry Dipoto
- Diamondbacks Fire Kevin Towers
- Rockies Extend Jorge De La Rosa
- Dodgers Promote Joc Pederson
- Astros Fire Bo Porter
- Brewers Acquire Jonathan Broxton
- Athletics Acquire Adam Dunn
- Hoops Rumors
- Pro Football Rumors
- Reverse Standings
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2015 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings
- 2016 MLB Free Agent List
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- MLBTR iPad/iPhone App
- MLBTR Android App
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Bud Black To Return As Padres Manager
- Cafardo On Hellickson, Gardenhire, Ramirez
- The Most Improved Free Agents
- Poll: Who Will Sign Yasmany Tomas?
- Quick Hits: Wright, Pedroia, Duquette
- Rosenthal On Scherzer, Braves, Melvin
- Red Sox Notes: Shields, Rodriguez, Ortiz
- Braves Could Make Baseball Operations Changes
- NL Notes: Cubs, Arrieta, Pirates, Revere
- West Notes: Athletics, Nicasio, Rangers
- Week In Review: 9/13/14 – 9/19/14
- Quick Hits: Reaction Time, Schafer, Morse, Iglesias
- AL Notes: Hughes, Tomas, Lewis, Perkins, Leyva
- Minor Moves: Shane Watson
- Latest On Diamondacks’ GM Search
MLBTR Mailing List
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Pedro Hernandez Rumors
Here are the latest minor league transactions, with the newest moves at the top of the post…
- The Rockies have outrighted Pedro Hernandez to Triple-A, according to the MLB transactions page. The 25-year-old lefty made one start for Colorado before he was designated. As he has previously been outrighted, Hernandez will have the right to elect free agency.
- Reliever Jose De Paula has re-signed with the Giants on a minor league deal, per the MLB transactions page. The club had designated and then released him just days ago.
- The Nationals have released righty Josh Roenicke, according to the International League transactions page. Roenicke had spent at least some time in the big leagues for each of the prior six seasons, and logged 150 2/3 between 2012-13. But moving to the starting rotation for the first time as a professional has not resulted in high-level production at Triple-A this year; Roenicke has struggled to a 5.45 ERA through 79 1/3 frames (15 starts) with 4.2 K/9 against 3.5 BB/9.
- Ryan Feierabend of the Rangers has accepted an outright assignment rather than electing free agency, tweets Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News. The left-hander made his way back to the bigs for the first time since 2008 with a Texas club that has cycled through more than its fair share of arms this year.
- The Royals outrighted Brett Hayes to Triple-A after the catcher cleared waivers, USA Today’s Bob Nightengale reports (Twitter link). As the backup behind workhorse starter Salvador Perez, Hayes hasn’t seen much action this year, appearing in 27 games and posting a .362 OPS over only 53 PA.
- The Diamondbacks signed right-hander Graham Godfrey, Baseball America’s Matt Eddy reports. Godfrey posted a 5.09 ERA and 23 strikeouts in 46 innings with the A’s in 2011-12 and he spent last season pitching for the Red Sox and Pirates’ Triple-A affiliates.
- The Diamondbacks released first baseman Wagner Mateo earlier this week, according to the Pioneer League’s transactions page. Mateo originally signed a contract as a 16-year-old with the Cardinals worth a $3.1MM bonus in 2009 but St. Louis voided that deal after Mateo’s physical revealed apparent vision problems. Mateo signed a $512K contract with the D’Backs a year later and hit .230/.312/.349 over 802 pro plate appearances, never getting above the High-A ball level. He also posted an 8.87 ERA over 22 1/3 relief innings over the last two seasons.
- The Reds released right-hander Adam Russell last week, as announced via Twitter by their Triple-A Louisville affiliate. Russell posted a 3.95 ERA, 7.0 K/9 and 1.46 K/BB rate over 86 2/3 relief innings with the White Sox, Padres and Rays from 2008-11, and he’s since toiled in the minors with four other organizations. He had a 4.33 ERA, 8.7 K/9 and 1.79 K/BB in 35 1/3 IP this season with Louisville.
- Zach McAllister and Evan Scribner were both respectively optioned to Triple-A by the Indians and Athletics over the weekend. The two righties were both on optional assignment waivers after being designated off their team’s 25-man rosters (but not the 40-man rosters) on Friday, though they were procedural moves rather than traditional DFAs, and neither player was in any danger of being claimed by another club.
- To monitor players who have been properly designated for assignment, check out MLBTR’s DFA Tracker, as a whopping 10 players currently reside in “DFA limbo.”
Full Story | Comments | Categories: Adam Russell | Arizona Diamondbacks | Brett Hayes | Cincinnati Reds | Cleveland Indians | Colorado Rockies | Graham Godfrey | Jose De Paula | Josh Roenicke | Kansas City Royals | Oakland Athletics | Pedro Hernandez | San Francisco Giants | Texas Rangers | Transactions | Wagner Mateo | Washington Nationals | Zach McAllister
Hernandez spent most of the year pitching at Triple-A, working 85 innings and compiling a 6.14 ERA. Last year, with the Twins, he tossed 56 2/3 frames of 6.83 ERA ball.