- Brian Roberts To Retire
- Rangers Hire Jeff Banister As Manager
- Dodgers Hire Andrew Friedman As President Of Baseball Operations
- Diamondbacks Hire Chip Hale As Manager
- Orioles Extend J.J. Hardy
- Jeff Bridich Named Rockies GM; O'Dowd, Geivett Step Down
- Josh Beckett To Retire
- Yasmany Tomas Declared Free Agent
- Astros Hire A.J. Hinch As Manager
- Twins Remove Ron Gardenhire From Manager Role
- Reds Extend GM Walt Jocketty
- Diamondbacks Fire Kirk Gibson, Alan Trammell
- Diamondbacks Hire Dave Stewart As GM
- Mets To Extend Sandy Alderson, Retain Terry Collins
- Yankees Claim Eury Perez
- Braves Fire Frank Wren
- Hoops Rumors
- Pro Football Rumors
- 2014-15 MLB Free Agent Tracker
- 2014-15 Offseason Outlooks
- MLBTR Podcast
- 2014-15 Free Agent Profiles
- Reverse Standings
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2015 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings
- 2016 MLB Free Agent List
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- MLBTR iPad/iPhone App
- MLBTR Android App
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Quick Hits: Ramirez, Hitting Coaches, Hudson, Zito
- MLBTR Originals
- NL Notes: Posey, Cabrera, Phillies, Braves, Grandal
- Minor Moves: Pedro Ciriaco
- AL East Notes: Cruz, Rays, Vazquez
- Cafardo On Moore, Cespedes, Markakis, Giants
- Free Agent Profile: Asdrubal Cabrera
- Baseball Blogs Weigh In: Orioles, Hernandez, Royals, Giants
- AL Notes: Young, Indians
- Quick Hits: Front Office Moves
- AL East Notes: Orioles, Yankees, Rays
- Texas Notes: Banister, Lewis, Astros Targets
- Quick Hits: Minor Leaguers, Cardinals, Yankees
- East Notes: LaRoche, Davis, Cruz
- Offseason Outlook: Milwaukee Brewers
MLBTR Mailing List
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Raul Valdes Rumors
Relievers Raul Valdes and Scott Proctor have elected free agency, the Yankees announced today (Bryan Hoch of MLB.com tweeted the news). Having lost Aaron Laffey as well, the Yankees' 40-man roster now stands at 37.
Valdes, a 33-year-old southpaw, joined the Yankees on an August waiver claim from the Cardinals after being designated for assignment. Valdes tossed 12 big league innings overall and another 63 2/3 in the minors. He's had some success against lefties.
Proctor, a 34-year-old right-hander, returned to the Yankees for eight games in September after spending most of the season with the Braves. He began his career with the Yankees, suiting up in pinstripes from 2004-07. In 40 1/3 innings for Atlanta and New York this year, Proctor posted a 7.14 ERA with more walks (31) than strikeouts (29).
The Yankees claimed left-hander Raul Valdes off of waivers from the Cardinals, according to Bryan Hoch of MLB.com (on Twitter). To create space on the 40-man roster, the Yankees moved Jeff Marquez to the 60-day DL. They're assigning Valdes to Triple-A and won't need an active roster spot for him, according to Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News (Twitter link).
Valdes, who was designated for assignment Friday, gives the Yankees extra left-handed relief depth in case an opening emerges in the Majors. Valdes appeared in seven big league games for St. Louis this year, mostly in July. The 33-year-old also has a 4.73 ERA with impressive rates of 9.5 K/9 and 1.7 BB/9 in 59 innings at Triple-A Memphis.
The Cardinals designated Raul Valdes for assignment to create 40-man roster space for Arthur Rhodes, according to B.J. Rains of FOXSportsMidwest.com (on Twitter). They optioned Tony Cruz to Triple-A Memphis to create room for Rhodes on the active roster.
Valdes appeared in seven big league games for St. Louis this year, mostly in July. The 33-year-old also has a 4.73 ERA with impressive rates of 9.5 K/9 and 1.7 BB/9 in 59 innings at Triple-A Memphis.
On this date in 1984, Ryne Sandberg hit game-tying home runs off Cardinals reliever Bruce Sutter in the 9th and 10th innings as the Cubs beat the Cardinals 12-11. Willie McGee hit for the cycle in the memorable contest between the rival clubs. Here's the latest from their division…
- Cardinals first baseman Albert Pujols doesn't want to discuss the impact his fractured arm will have on his free agent value, Bernie Miklasz of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch writes.
- The Cardinals promoted Raul Valdes to the Majors, optioned Maikel Cleto to Double-A and replaced minor leaguer David Kopp on the 40-man roster with Bryan Augenstein, according to the Post-Dispatch (the Cards still have one open spot on their 40-man roster). The bullpen changes started yesterday when the Cardinals released Miguel Batista after Tuesday's bullpen implosion.
- The Pirates announced that they expect to add Chase d'Arnaud to the 25-man roster tomorrow. They optioned Josh Harrison to Triple-A to create room on the active roster and will make a 40-man move tomorrow. D'Arnaud, 24, has a .280/.347/.418 line at Triple-A this year.
The Cardinals signed lefty reliever Raul Valdes to a minor league deal, tweets Baseball America's Matt Eddy. Valdes, 33 next month, made his Major League debut with the Mets this year. He posted a 4.91 ERA, 8.6 K/9, 4.1 BB/9, 1.1 HR/9, and 33.7% groundball rate in 58 2/3 innings.
Valdes struggled against lefties, who hit .330/.366/.625 against him in 94 plate appearances this year with four home runs. On the other hand, he struck out 27 and walked only three against southpaws.