- Indians Extend Scott Atchison
- Rob Manfred Elected As Next Commissioner
- Pirates Acquire John Axford
- Latest On Rusney Castillo
- Royals Acquire Josh Willingham
- Tyler Skaggs Requires Tommy John Surgery
- Dodgers Acquire Kevin Correia
- Cubs Acquire Jacob Turner
- Angels Acquire Vinnie Pestano
- Dodgers Acquire Roberto Hernandez
- Hoops Rumors
- Pro Football Rumors
- Reverse Standings
- Players Who Have Cleared Revocable Waivers
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2015 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- MLBTR iPad/iPhone App
- MLBTR Android App
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Quick Hits: Atchison, Rapada, D’Backs, McLouth
- AL West Notes: Altuve, Morales, A’s, Jackson
- NL West Notes: Sabean, Padres, Dodgers, Gonzalez
- Rusney Castillo Rumors: Tuesday
- AL East Notes: Jimenez, Red Sox, McCann, Rays
- Latest On Diamondbacks, Kirk Gibson
- Minor Moves: Brown, Leroux
- Padres Designate Brooks Conrad For Assignment
- Red Sox Rumors: Bogaerts, Cespedes, Cherington
- MLBTR Chat Transcript
- Indians Extend Scott Atchison
- NL Notes: Cubs, Mets, D’backs
- AL East Notes: Venditte, Beeston, Blue Jays, Herrera
- Dodgers Interested In Adding Reliever, Bench Bat
- Reds Outright Chad Rogers
MLBTR Mailing List
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Wilfredo Ledezma Rumors
More random linkage.
- The Yankees have released first baseman Ben Broussard.
- The Padres designated Wil Ledezma for assignment. The 27 year-old could help someone as a reliever.
- The first first-rounder of ’08 has signed: David Cooper of the Blue Jays. He could be in High-A ball by year’s end. Last year’s 17th pick, Blake Beavan, got about $1.5MM. By the way, only 26% of readers thought the Jays made the right choice with Cooper (according to our in-draft poll).
- Funny Mike Mussina quote from John Feinstein’s new book.
Should be nice to have Ring around in case things don’t work out with Ron Mahay. Still, it would’ve been nice to see John Schuerholz come up with some kind of starter for the back end of the rotation. Maybe in August.
Startup’s been solid in Triple A, and the Padres might be able to coax some goodness out of the twice-traded Ledezma.
With so many decent lefties floating around at minimal cost, you have to wonder why a team would ever sign Mike Stanton. But that’s why they’re GMs and I’m just a guy who blogs until he gets carpal tunnel.
The Braves and Tigers swapped relievers today, with the Braves sending Macay McBride over to Detroit for Wilfredo Ledezma.
McBride, a 24 year-old left-handed reliever, has experienced control problems for most of his Braves’ career. The Braves drafted the little lefty 24th overall in 2001, and he was converted to relief in ’04. He did have a solid second half year, crediting a change in his delivery. His control was again terrible in April of this year but he seems to have corrected that.
Ledezma, 26, is also a southpaw. He was a Rule V pick out of the Boston system, which caused him to jump from A ball to the Majors. It’s been an odd development path for him. A sore elbow surfaced in ’05, but he’s been OK since. Ledezma can be used as a starter if necessary; he’s got a good curveball.