Links for Friday morning…
- Bill Conlin of the Philadelphia Daily News argues the Phillies should declare prospect Michael Taylor off-limits.
- Mark Kiszla of the Denver Post says the 2009 Rockies are nothing like the version that stunned us with a late-season surge two Septembers ago.
- Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports argues the Nationals need to fire Manny Acta or assure him that he'll manage all season.
- Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic says Brandon Webb had a setback and could miss the entire year.
- Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette wonders whether the Pirates have considered moving Ryan Doumit to first base or right field when he returns.
- The Padres called up their top prospect, Kyle Blanks, according to Baseball America's John Manuel.
- Ben Klayman and Megan Davies of Reuters report that the Ricketts family has a rival in its bid to buy the Cubs, as an old bidder is again involved.