Links for Tuesday morning…
- It's time for another MLBTR chat. We'll go live at 2pm CST.
- Patrick Newman of NPB Tracker passes on a report suggesting former Yankee Andy Phillips could soon be playing in Japan for the Hiroshima Carp.
- Chico Harlan of the Washington Post heard from former college standout Ben McDonald that agent Scott Boras never pressured him into anything back in 1989.
- Rob Biertempfel of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review says Neal Huntington is trying to build a young, athletic, defensive-minded outfield around Andrew McCutchen in Pittsburgh.
- Newsday's Ken Davidoff says the Mets shouldn't part with their trading chips for short-term benefit, even if it costs them their 2009 season.
- After looking at the Rangers' problems yesterday, Richard Durrett of the Dallas Morning News shows that lots is going well for them.
- Mike White of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that Matt Clement is coaching basketball at his former high school.
- WEEI.com's Alex Speier takes his readers behind the scenes of the Red Sox draft.
- Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times says a Juan Pierre for Jarrod Washburn swap wouldn't work for the Mariners because of Pierre's contract.