Jon Heyman of SI.com believes Roy Halladay will be traded before the end of the month. Here are some teams that could pursue him:
- The Phillies have the right combination of money, prospects and need to go after Doc.
- The Rangers probably don't have the money to take on the $14.25MM Halladay makes this year.
- It's hard to see the White Sox obtaining Halladay without surrendering Gordon Beckham in the deal.
- Heyman considers Beckham as close to untouchable as it gets, along with Neftali Feliz, Derek Holland, Brett Wallace and others.
Heyman lists over 30 trade candidates; here are some highlights:
- The A's may have to hold onto Matt Holliday and hope for a pair of high draft picks after the season, as Holliday's shown little power recently.
- The D'Backs aren't impressed by what the Brewers are willing to give up for Doug Davis, so they may try to keep him in Arizona.
- The offers for Chad Qualls may be too tempting for the D'Backs to ignore.
- "Teams will call" about Cliff Lee.
- Jose Valverde would be a trade candidate but for one thing: "the 'Stros don't like to sell."
And finally, a note on Pedro Martinez:
- Pedro should decide on his future soon. The Phillies are the favorites, followed by the Rangers.