Some late night links from around the league…
- According to a report passed along by Patrick Newman of NPB Tracker (on Twitter), at least one MLB team has bid on Hiroyuki Nakajima since the posting process started on Monday. The Seibu Lions are expected to accept the highest bid, regardless of amount.
- Rangers GM Jon Daniels has spoken to C.J. Wilson's agent as recently as today reports Jeff Wilson of The Fort Worth Star Telegram (on Twitter), and MLB.com's T.R. Sullivan says the two sides are expected to meet again at the winter meetings.
- Before signing with the Fukuoka Softbank Hawks for $5MM over two years, Wily Mo Pena had drawn interest from the Indians, Giants, Brewers, and Mariners according to SI.com's Jon Heyman (on Twitter).
- Geoff Baker of The Seattle Times wonders if the Darren Ford signing clears the way for the Mariners to trade some of the outfielders on their 40-man roster, like Trayvon Robinson, Michael Saunders, or Franklin Gutierrez.
- “We’re very open,” said Athletics assistant GM David Forst to John Shea of The San Francisco Chronicle when asked if any of the club's pitchers were untradeable. “If we didn’t have the (pitching) depth, we wouldn’t have this option.” Gio Gonzalez and Andrew Bailey have been popular names, but Forst's statement suggests Trevor Cahill and Brandon McCarthy could be had as well.
If Bailey gets traded, who becomes the A’s new closer? Balfour?
Please don’t say Fuentes.
Fautino De Los Santos?
That would be better than Fuentes. That kid throws hard.
Just say no, J.D. Hopefully he signs with the Nationals so the Rangers get the #16 pick. Or the Angels overspend. I’d be fine with either.
who knows, buut it sounds like they know, that the cant win with these guys, and their farm system is the weakest in baseball. so out with the old in with the new
Triple Hawpes Brewed
Trayvon Robinson + B prospect to the Braves for Prado and Jurrjens. Add/subtract as necessary to even it out.
I´m a M´s fan, but that´s not fair, Trayvon + Liddi + Triunfel + Tenbrink would be fair, and I´m not that sure…
Hope the M´s are in on Nakajima, we need a 2nd SS , Ryan is not 100% healthy…
Really Sabean? Wily Mo Pena?
Wily Mo Pena?
I don’t care if you’re just kicking the tires, but give me a break.
Bailey is going to someone, his contract is good compared to the free agent closers.
how about a 3-team trade? Bailey & Gio Gonzalez to Cubs, and whoever likes Marmol and make something work. I think it’s Soriano’s turn to play in Oakland.