On this date three years ago, the Red Sox traded for Doug Mirabelli to be Tim Wakefield's personal catcher. Mirabelli had to put his uniform on in the car from the airport and arrived 13 minutes prior to first pitch against the Yankees. While trades in April and May are rare, they are not unprecedented. Let's take a look at what is being written in the Blogosphere…
- Fire Ned Colletti Now argues that Ned Colletti does not deserve an extension. My head just exploded.
- Sox and Pinstripes makes a case for the Yankees signing Pedro Martinez.
- Jorge Says No! takes a look at the market for Paul Byrd.
- More Hardball puts together a roster of the highest paid players ever.
- Fangraphs reviews the Yankees drafts from the past three years.
- The Fightins honor Raul Ibanez's first month with the Phillies. The signing was highly criticized.
- 6 Pound 8 Ounce Baby Joba contemplates the Yankees acquiring Chone Figgins.
Cork Gaines writes for RaysIndex.com. If you have a suggestion for this feature, Cork can be reached here, and followed on Twitter here.