This week in baseball blogs…
- Chin Music Baseball examines potential destinations for Corey Kluber.
- Reviewing The Brew proposes a Brewers-Indians trade centering on Kluber.
- The Dugout argues against banning the shift.
- Infield Shift wonders why the Braves aren’t spending more aggressively this offseason.
- Call to the Pen (links: 1, 2) seeks a match in an Edwin Encarnacion trade, and addresses a recent trade rumbling regarding the Phillies.
- Mets Critic reacts to the team’s reunion with Jeurys Familia.
Jays From the Couch writes about a potential Blue Jays-Dodgers trade.
- East Village Times asks if the Padres should pursue Mariners third baseman Kyle Seager.
- The Fro Zone lists 10 sleeper free agents.
- MLB & Fantasy Baseball Analyzed names eight players who could break out next year.
- Tomahawk Take ponders a possible Braves-Rangers trade.
- Rotisserie Duck delves into several notable starters’ defense-independent pitching stats.
- The First Out At Third analyzes newly acquired Brewer Alex Claudio.
- Statswipe believes Claudio and two other Brewers will become household names next season.
Bronx to Bushville evaluates the current state of the NL East.
- Phillies Nation explains that Matt Klentak and Andy MacPhail may be tying their futures to the team’s young starters.
Rox Pile identifies the six Rockies who will be under the most pressure in 2019.
- Foul Territory and The Sports Tank take a look at the Red Sox’s payroll situation.
- Everything Bluebirds isn’t pleased with the Blue Jays’ Rule 5 Draft.
- The Point of Pittsburgh looks at some controversial Pirate Hall of Famers in the wake of Harold Baines’ selection.
- Baseball Rabbi (podcast) discusses Baines’ HOF selection and the Mets’ offseason maneuverings.
- The Giants Cove expects NL playoff spots to be difficult to come by in 2019.
- Rising Apple weighs the Mets’ current first base options, while Mets Daddy is concerned that the club seems to be banking on Peter Alonso.
- The Runner Sports (links: 1, 2) hopes the Twins sign Kelvin Herrera for cheap, and shares a piece on young Astros outfielder Kyle Tucker.
- SportsRadio 94 WIP focuses on Gabe Kapler’s recent quotes regarding Odubel Herrera.
- Wander Rays profiles Rays pitching prospect Tanner Dodson.
- Around the Bases with Julian Bussells (podcast) recaps the Winter Meetings and chats with Jomboy, host of the Talkin Yanks podcast.
Submissions: ZachBBWI @gmail.com