Troy E. Renck of the Denver Post has the latest on the Rockies, who are in last place, 12 games back of the Dodgers in the NL West, with a 16-24 record:
- Manager Clint Hurdle's job security depends on how well his team plays in its upcoming games, according to this article.
- GM Dan O'Dowd said there's no timeline for a turnaround, but the Rockies have to respond better to Hurdle.
- Renck also reports that the Rockies aren't likely to make a deal soon.
- O'Dowd: "At this point, you would be trading an undervalued player for another undervalued player."
- Opposing executives say Garrett Atkins has to hit better before he attracts interest.