A number of baseball officials tell Danny Knobler of CBS Sports that they expect plenty of activity in the final week before next Friday's trade deadline.
- Billy Beane is apparently looking for young position players if he trades Matt Holliday.
- The Giants are "very interested" in Holliday.
- The Giants and Tigers have both checked out the Pirates and Nationals in their respective searches for bats. Adam Dunn and Nick Johnson have appeal, but the Giants would prefer a right-handed bat and the Tigers are hesitant to take on Dunn's $12MM salary for next season.
- Knobler says Tigers owner Mike Ilitch could always make a last-minute push for Holliday or Roy Halladay.
- There's no way to know how much flexibility the Rays, Rangers and Braves have until the deadline passes.