A few links for your pre-second half entertainment:
- Dave Cameron at Fangraphs is counting down the 50 players with the most trade value. Today, he posted #30-#26.
- ESPN's Jayson Stark recaps the Pedro Martinez press conference, and contends that the newest Phillie will start off on the DL because he didn't want to sign a minor league contract.
- Anthony Rieber of Newsday.com argues that the Yankess are in a unique position to land Roy Halladay – if they are willing to eat the contract of Vernon Wells.
- In the latest in a series of short videos on college prospects, ESPN's Keith Law scouts Missouri RHP Nick Tepesch.
- And Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News argues that it is time for the Giants to attempt to trade Barry Zito or release him in the off-season.