By now you know that the A's sent Matt Holliday to the Cardinals for three prospects, including the highly-touted Brett Wallace. Since everybody's talking about it, let's take a look at what they're saying.
- ESPN.com's Keith Law takes an in-depth look at the trade and concludes both teams win. The Cards upgrade in left field and the A's get a trio of prospects that's more valuable than the group they gave up for Holliday in the winter.
- Erik Manning, Jon Heyman and Kevin Goldstein all say the A's got a good return for Holliday.
- Yahoo's Tim Brown says Holliday will provide much-needed protection for Albert Pujols, who has been intentionally walked 21 more times than anyone else in baseball.
- The Giants never called about Holliday, according to Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle.
- Brett Wallace won't likely play in the majors this year, but he's excited to join the organization he grew up rooting for.
- To see how Oakland's two trades compare, check out my summary of the two deals.