A buffet brunch of links–come get your fill:
- Ken Davidoff at Newsday reports that the Yankees are confident first-round pick/secret agent from the future Slade Heathcott will sign, likely for a bonus around $2MM.
- Jeff Zrebiec at the Baltimore Sun talked to Orioles president Andy MacPhail, who assures that manager Dave Trembley's job is safe through this season. Trembley has a club option for 2010.
- Yahoo Sports' Gordon Edes believes that we will see draft picks as commodities to be traded in the near future, as it "makes too much sense."
- Patrick Newman at NPB Tracker discusses the possibility that Tanner Scheppers pitches in Japan, and concludes that most international free agent signings in NPB are "low-risk, low-reward."
- Lane Meyer at NoMaas talked to Yankees scouting director Damon Oppenheimer about the draft and potential signings.