Ten years ago today, Major League Baseball played its first ever game in Puerto Rico. The Blue Jays beat the Rangers by the score of 8-1 in front of a crowd of just under 20,000 at Hiram Bithorn Stadium. Alex Rodriguez had two hits in his first game with Texas after signing his landmark ten-year, $252MM contract, but he also committed an error on his first defensive chance.
With the regular season underway, let's take a look at what's being written around the blogosphere…
- Through The Fence Baseball looks ahead to some historic milestones that could be reached this season.
- Baseball Analysts identifies some breakout players using Spring Training statistics.
- Wahoo Blues compared two Alberts: Pujols and Einstein.
- Camden Depot explores the Orioles' franchise value over the last 20 seasons.
- Pirates Prospects looks at the typical minor league time line.
- The Process Report explains how the Rays have already started building their future bullpens.
- Royals Review isn't sure what Kansas City is doing with Aaron Crow.
- Disciples of Uecker thinks the Brewers paid too high a price for Sergio Mitre.
- Replacement Level Baseball offers up a scouting report and video of Casey Kelly, the centerpiece of the Adrian Gonzalez trade for the Padres.
- Cubs Billy Goat Blog asks what we learned about the Cubs in Spring Training.
- Rooftop View tackles the Cubs' change of plans at second base.
- U.S.S. Mariner tells us what a successful season for the Mariners would look like.
- South Side Sox lists three White Sox players that can tilt the balance of power in the AL Central.
- Beer Leaguer wonders if we can call the Jake Peavy trade a bust for the ChiSox yet.
- The Todd Van Poppel Rookie Card Retirement Plan previews the 2011 Athletics.
- The Nats Blog says the decision to bat Jayson Werth second will benefit Ryan Zimmerman.
- Blogging Mets calls 2011 the season of "ifs" for the Mets.
- The Shea Faithful looks at the Mets' decision to take Blaine Boyer over Jason Isringhausen.
- We Should Be GMs says it's time to get real with the 2011 Phillies.
- FanSpeak offers up some predictions for the 2011 Nationals.
- BD BK's Blog tells us what to expect from the 2011 Angels.
- Tomahawk Talk explains why the Braves will win the World Series this year.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Mike can be reached here. Only one email per week, please.