Eight years ago today, Bill Mueller became the first and only player in baseball history to hit a grand slam from each side of the plate in the same game. The Red Sox third baseman took lefty Aaron Fultz deep with the bases loaded in the seventh, then an inning later he did the same to righty Jay Powell. He also had a solo shot off R.A. Dickey in the third inning, helping Boston to a 14-7 win over Rangers.
Here are this week's links from around the baseball blogosphere…
- Rising Apple interviewed Mets prospect Greg Peavey.
- River Ave. Blues wonders what happens if the Yankees don't trade for a starter.
- Brotherly Glove addresses the Phillies and their proactivity towards improving the outfield.
- Rays Colored Glasses makes a case for trading James Shields.
- True Blue LA looks back at Dodgers GM Ned Colletti's deadline deals.
- Monkey With A Halo did the same for Angels GM Tony Reagins.
- Lasorda's Lair breaks down the recent McCourts divorce news.
- Feeling Dodger Blue thinks the Dodgers need to make a splash.
- Rooftop View says that Aramis Ramirez has to be traded.
- Cubs Billy Goat Blog tries to figure out what the Cubs could get in return for Carlos Pena.
- Wahoo Blues questions whether or not the Indians need a first baseman.
- Fenway Faithful Report tells us why the Red Sox should acquire Erik Bedard.
- FanSpeaks wonders if the Nationals should trade Ian Desmond.
- The Nats Blog thinks something may be wrong with Jordan Zimmermann.
- 2011 Nationals Draft Info compiled information about Washington's 2011 draft haul.
- Blogging Mets looked back on Carlos Beltran's legacy as a Met.
- MLB Paradise compares trading Hunter Pence now vs. later.
- The Blue Jays Hunter breaks down what Toronto gave up for Colby Rasmus.
- Baseball Theorem introduces Jays' fans to their new center fielder.
- The Hardball Times looks at the Rasmus trade with a fantasy angle.
- MLB Reports speculates about a deal that would send Hiroki Kuroda to the Rangers.
- Replacement Level Baseball has some fun with contract bonuses.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Mike can be reached here. Only one email per week, please.