This week in baseball blogs…
- statsswipe tries to imagine how Christian Yelich would be performing had the Marlins kept him.
- Complete Game Loss focuses on a few power hitters who struggle to get on base.
- The Dugout runs down this year’s top deadline rentals.
- East Village Times asks if the Padres should trade Kirby Yates.
- The Runner Sports notes the Astros’ trade for Yordan Alvarez could go down as one of their biggest steals ever.
- Mets Daddy rips general manager Brodie Van Wagenen.
- Call to the Pen breaks down potential trade possibilities for the Phillies.
- Notes from the Sally ranks the top 40 South Atlantic League players at the midway point.
- The First Out At Third examines Jesus Aguilar’s poor start.
- Chipalatta looks at prospective pitching trade targets for the Astros.
- Pinstriped Prospects talks with Yankees farmhand Tyler Wade.
- Chin Music Baseball (links: 1, 2) lists six players who have erased their hot starts and six who have erased their slow starts.
- Mets Critic wonders if Robinson Cano’s contract is among the worst in franchise history.
- Joker Mag pays tribute to Dustin Pedroia.
- A’s Farm names its 2019 Mid-Season Organizational All-Star Team.
- Baseball Rabbi (podcast) discusses some of the most prolific home run hitters ever and a few impressive rookies, among other topics.
- Rising Apple looks into whether Corey Oswalt has a future with the Mets.
- Rox Pile names five unique venues where the Rockies should play a game.
Submissions: ZachBBWI @gmail.com.