We’re looking to add one person to the MLBTR writing team, in a part-time position that pays hourly. The criteria:
- Availability to work this shift every week: 5pm-1am central time on Saturday nights
- Exceptional knowledge of all 30 baseball teams, no discernible bias. Knowledge of hot stove concepts like arbitration, draft pick compensation for free agents, and the competitive balance tax.
- A high school degree is required, and further education is preferred. Please include your highest completed level of education in your application.
- Writing experience is necessary, and online writing experience is preferred.
- Attention to detail and ability to follow the MLBTR style and tone.
- Ability to analyze articles and craft intelligent, well-written posts summing up the news quickly and concisely.
- Ability to use Twitter, Tweetdeck, and WordPress.
- The job may include opportunities for supporting research and social media tasks.
- If you’re interested, email email@example.com and explain how you stand out and qualify in a couple of short paragraphs. Please attach your resume to the email. We often receive several hundred applications, so unfortunately we will not be able to reply to each one.
At the end of your application, please fill in the blank: After the ____ season ends, assuming the CBA remains unchanged and he does not sign a contract extension or go to the minors, Phillies first baseman Rhys Hoskins will become a free agent. Rather than give an explanation, simply write, “Hoskins question: [Year]” at the end.